Bacon Mozzarella Burgers are an epic burger for next cookout or perfect as a quick and easy weeknight dinner on the grill. This tasty burger has loads of cheese mixed right in and is no ordinary hamburger!
My husband is the grill master around here and when I asked for an epic burger he delivered in a big way. These burgers are juicy and delicious with tons of flavor. Top them off with crispy bacon and your favorite toppings. We also love these Brisket Burgers made with ground beef brisket.
Burgers are a weeknight favorite at our house this recipe is one of the best we’ve ever made. Burgers and Fries are a classic dinner and we also like to serve them with pasta salad or this easy French Onion Mac and Cheese for a family pleasing meal.
- Ground Chuck ~ We used 80/20 for this, you won’t have much shrinkage on the grill and the flavor is great.
- Mozzarella Cheese ~ Shredded Mozzarella goes right into the ground chuck and it totally picks up the smoky grill flavor and helps keep the burger juicy.
- Dry Rub Seasonings: We’ve been using this blend for EVERYTHING, it’s so good. Brown Sugar, Granulated Garlic, Onion Powder, Dried Thyme, Green (or Red) Chile Powder, Kosher Salt, Pepper, Smoked Paprika, Dry Mustard.
- Bacon ~ My absolute favorite burger topping is bacon. If you haven’t tried it yet, try my method to Cook Bacon in the Oven. It’s is so easy and less mess.
- Buns ~ We just picked up some sesame seed buns, use your favorite.
- Favorite Condiments ~ Burger Sauce, Mayo, Miracle Whip, Mustard, BBQ Sauce, Ketchup, Lettuce, Tomato, Onion, Pickles, Relish – whatever floats your boat.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
How to Grill Bacon Mozzarella Burgers
- Prepare a grill fire to about 350° using hickory or oak for smoke flavor.
- Add ground chuck with shredded mozzarella in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry rub and then mix into ground chuck.
- Form into 1/3 pound patties with an indention in the center of each.
- Cook the bacon, drain and set aside.
- Grill burgers over indirect fire with the grill closed about 5 to 7 minutes.
Flip the burgers and continue to cook until they reach 165° internal temperature using a digital thermometer.
- Remove from grill.
- Serve immediately with buns, bacon and plenty of burger sauce or your favorite condiments.
How to Store and Reheat Burgers
- Store cooled burger patties wrapped in plastic wrap or foil in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
- Reheat in a skillet with about 1 tablespoon of water, covered over medium heat. Flip patties after about 3 minutes and continue to cook until heated through, about 5 more minutes. An air fryer is another great way to reheat hamburgers. Cook for about 3- 4 minutes at 350°.
Best Sides for Burgers:
More Delicious Burgers to Try
- BBQ Burgers are slathered in homemade bbq sauce and topped with onion strings for an epic burger that will have everyone lined up at the grill.
- Cheeseburger Sliders are always a party favorite. Mini cheeseburgers served up on delicious homemade slider rolls.
- The Brunch Burger is an epic burger like the classic diner burger. It includes a crispy hash brown, American cheese, bacon and of course a fried egg on top!
- Brisket Burgers are seriously one of the best burgers that I’ve ever tasted. Better than any restaurant burger and it’s made from freshly ground beef brisket. A must-try for burger lovers.
- Jalapeño Popper Burgers are one of my all time favorites with stuffed jalapeños and bacon. I just can’t get enough of this one.
- Bacon Cheeseburgers on the grill are always a fantastic dinner that everyone can agree on.
Create an epic cookout menu this week with these Bacon Mozzarella Burgers on the grill. They are simple to put together and are sure to be a crowd favorite.
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON PINTEREST!
- 2 pounds ground chuck
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons green or red chile powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 9 slices cooked bacon
- Burger Sauce
- Tomatoes, sliced
- Prepare a grill fire to about 350° with hickory or oak for smoke flavor.
- In a bowl mix the brown sugar with garlic, onion, thyme, chile powder, smoked paprika, salt, pepper and dry mustard.
- In another bowl add the ground chuck, mozzarella and brown sugar, mix well.
- Form into 1/3 pound patties.
- Cook over indirect heat with the grill closed for about 5 minutes.
- Flip the burgers and continue to cook until internal temperature reaches 165° using a digital thermometer.
- Remove burgers from the grill and serve on buns with bacon, lettuce, tomato and burger sauce.
Store leftover hamburger patties wrapped in plastic wrap or foil in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
Reheat in a covered skillet with a tablespoon of water for about 5- 8 minutes, flipping half way through.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 639Total Fat: 40gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 171mgSodium: 966mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 55g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.