Chicken Pot Pie Soup is a hearty and delicious soup that makes a great dinner for busy families. A simple meal that will satisfy comfort food cravings.
Chicken pot pie is a family favorite but I don't make it often because I don't have the time to bake it, plus I'm not a huge fan of making pie crusts. The soup version is just as delicious and every bit as flavorful.
Ingredients for Chicken Pot Pie Soup:
- Olive Oil
- Chicken Broth
- Salt & Pepper
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
How to Make Chicken Pot Pie Soup:
- Dice onions, celery, carrots and mince the garlic.
- Cut potatoes into small chunks - my veggie chopper makes them all the same size!
- Chop cooked chicken. We used leftover smoked chicken, a rotisserie chicken would work too.
- Add olive oil and butter to a dutch oven or soup pan.
- Cook onions, celery, carrots and garlic on medium heat, stirring often, until vegetables are softened.
- Add chicken and potatoes.
- Mix cream with cornstarch and add to the pan with broth. Season with salt, pepper and rosemary.
- Cook over medium heat, bringing to a boil. Stir occasionally and cook until potatoes are cooked through and soup is thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in peas and continue to cook another 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
How to Store and Reheat:
Cool soup to room temperature before refrigerating. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 4 days.
Reheat in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring often. Add a few tablespoons of broth or milk if soup is too thick.
What to Serve with Soup:
Can you use this as filling for chicken pot pie?
Of course! Pour filling into a pie plate or leave it in the dutch oven. Top with a homemade or refrigerated pie crust and bake at 400° for about an hour. Cover loosely with foil if crust starts to get too brown.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON PINTEREST!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound of potatoes, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 3 cups diced chicken
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup cream
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 ½ teaspoons minced rosemary
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup frozen peas
- Add olive oil and butter to a dutch oven and place over medium heat, when butter is melted, stir in onions, celery, carrot and garlic. Cook, stirring often until vegetables are softened.
- Mix in chicken and potatoes, add chicken broth.
- Mix cream and cornstarch together and mix with chicken and vegetables.
- Add rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring often until potatoes are cooked through and soup is thickened about 15 minutes. Mix in peas and cook another 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Cool completely before refrigerating. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 4 days.
Reheat in a saucepan, stir in a few tablespoons of broth or milk if soup is too thick. Cook over medium heat, stirring often until heated through.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 401Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 98mgSodium: 945mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 20g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.