As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup is a classic comfort food meal that the whole family will love. Made with homemade noodles, smoked chicken and delicious vegetables in a homemade broth, it’s the best chicken noodle soup I’ve ever tasted.
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
We used the leftovers for this delicious soup on a cold rainy day. It was perfection.
PIN IT TO PINTEREST NOW!
How to Make Homemade Noodles:
- Add flour, salt, egg and olive oil to a bowl and mix together until a dough ball forms.
- Place on a floured surface and let set for 30 minutes.
- Roll to about 1/4 inch thickness and cut into about 3 inch strips.
- Run strips through a pasta roller on thick setting and then once more on a thinner setting, until you reach desired thickness.
- Cut pasta into strips and place on a floured sheet pan. Allow pasta to dry at least 15 minutes or overnight at room temperature.
How to Make Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup:
- Heat broth in a large stock pot over medium – high heat, bringing to a boil.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat and add onions, celery and carrots. Cook, stirring often, until vegetables are softened and onions start to brown.
- Add chicken, vegetables and homemade noodles to boiling broth. Cook for 6 minutes and lower temperature to a simmer. Taste broth and add additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Simmer for 30 minutes and serve immediately.
Tips for the Best Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup:
- If you have cooked a whole chicken, keep the carcass to make stock or broth. You will be surprised how delicious it is and it’s a great way to trim your grocery budget!
- If you don’t have a pasta roller, you can roll the pasta with a rolling pin, it’s just a little more time consuming. You can always use store bought Kluski noodles but homemade are seriously delicious!
- Cooking the vegetables before adding them to the broth will give your soup another layer of flavor that you don’t want to miss out on.
This makes a hearty and delicious soup with the homemade noodles. Add some homemade buttermilk biscuits and you will have a filling, family- friendly meal.
Our broth was so delicious from the smoked chicken that we ended up not adding any extra spices to this soup. Spice up your soup with Italian seasonings or a bay leaf if desired.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Where to Buy a Pasta Roller:
This soup is perfect for a cold rainy day or for any time you are craving comfort food. It’s so filling and just downright delicious.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
If you love this Recipe as much as I do, please leave a comment and a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Pinterest!
For the Homemade Noodles:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For the Soup
- For the Noodles: Mix flour, salt and olive oil together in a large bowl until it forms a ball.
- Set aside for 30 minutes to rest.
- Roll dough out on a floured surface about 1/4 inch thick.
- Run dough through the thickest setting and then a thinner setting, until dough reaches desired thickness.
- Cut dough into strips and place on a floured baking sheet.
- Let noodles dry at least 15 minutes or overnight before cooking.
- For the Soup: Add chicken broth to a large soup pot and place over medium- high heat, bringing to a boil.
- Meanwhile, add 2 tablespoons olive oil to a skilllet and cook celery, onions and carrots until vegetables soften, about 10 minutes.
- Add chicken, vegetables and pasta to broth and cook 6 to 8 minutes. Lower to a simmer and continue to cook 15 minutes.
- Taste for salt and pepper and season if desired.
- Serve immediately.
Substitute 12 oz Kluski noodles for homemade noodles if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 358Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 1452mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 22g