As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cranberry Vodka cocktail is a great party drink for fall and winter holidays. A sweet mixed drink with citrus and cranberry flavors. Easy to mix up by the glass or in a pitcher for parties.
Holiday entertaining is my favorite and having a few easy party drinks is a must. I love serving a festive cocktail like a Cranberry Vodka or to mix up a big batch of Cosmopolitan Party Punch or Winter Moscato Punch.
Entertaining doesn’t have to be complicated. Have some beer iced down along with some make ahead cocktails plus a few easy appetizers and you are all set. You can have it all set up and let your guests pour their own drinks.
Just take me to the recipe! You can find the easy to print recipe card at the very bottom of the post or read on for my best tips for making holiday cocktails.
PIN IT TO PINTEREST NOW!
How to Make Cranberry Vodka:
You can make your own cranberry simple syrup or use cranberry juice for these cocktails.
- Fill 2 glasses with ice.
- Mix cranberry simple syrup or cranberry juice, fresh lemon juice, vodka and triple sec together.
- Pour over ice and garnish with fresh cranberries and lemon slices.
How to Make Cranberry Simple Syrup
- Mix 1 cup water, 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries and 3/4 cup of sugar in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes, breaking up cranberries and stirring often.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool. Cool faster by placing in the freezer for about 5 – 10 minutes.
- Strain through a fine mesh. Reserve cranberries for another use or discard.
- Store cranberry simple syrup in a covered container in refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Using the cranberry simple syrup produces a sweeter cocktail than using the cranberry juice. The simple syrup gives the cocktail a brighter red and more festive color.
More Holiday Cocktails to Try:
Cranberry Wine Punch is a great fall and winter sangria with amazing warm flavors. Easy to make this large batch cocktail ahead.
Vodka Party Punch is always a crowd favorite and so simple to make. Made with Hawaiian Punch, pineapple juice and vodka.
Cranberry Tequila Old Fashioned is a great holiday spin on the classic old fashioned cocktail.
Pomegranate Side Car is a super simple cocktail that is always a crowd favorite. The pomegranate and citrus flavors pair so well with the bourbon in this festive drink.
Sparkling Strawberry Pomegranate Cocktails have just 5 ingredients and it’s always the hit of the party. Perfect to serve for holidays and celebrations.
Kir Royale is made with sparkling wine and blackberry brandy for a gorgeous holiday presentation.
Easy Holiday Cocktail Garnishes:
Half of the fun of making cocktails are the garnishes. Fresh rosemary sprigs, fresh citrus slices – lemons, limes and grapefruit. Citrus peels also make great garnishes, plus maraschino cherries, fresh cranberries or pomegranate arils.
Tips for Serving Cocktails:
- Make sure you have plenty of ice. Figure on at least 1 pound per person.
- Make large batch cocktails in pitchers so guests can serve themselves.
- Have a few beers iced down for easy serving.
- Designate a bar area with extra glasses, napkins and easy garnishes.
- Have some sparkling water, sparkling apple cider or a batch of Holiday Party Punch for guests that aren’t drinking alcohol.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Best Tools for the Home Bartender:
Bartender Kit has everything you need to mix fancy cocktails at home and comes in a neat little stand.
Cosmopolitan Glasses are perfect for serving your cranberry vodka drinks or Comsompolitan Party Punch.
Cocktail Spoons ~ I love having these for large batch cocktails. They are pretty enough to leave in the pitcher for serving and you can keep the drinks mixed before pouring.
Cocktail Picks ~ I’m loving these gold pearl bamboo picks for holiday garnishes.
Acrylic Drink Pitchers are super handy for making large batch cocktails.
Easy Appetizers to Serve with Cocktails:
Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts are crazy good and just have 3 ingredients. I guarantee they will be the hit of the party.
Pomegranate Pecan Party Appetizer is a super easy and delicious appetizer that makes a stunning presentation.
Knorr Spinach Dip is an easy make ahead dip that is likely to be the first thing to disappear at your next party.
Easy Deviled Eggs are always a bite-sized favorite. Pipe in your filling for a festive appetizer.
Add a Cranberry Vodka cocktail to your next holiday gathering. Your guests are sure to love this easy mixed drink.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
If you love this Recipe as much as I do, please leave a comment and a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Pinterest!
For the Cranberry Simple Syrup
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
For the Cranberry Vodka Cocktails
- 8 ounces cranberry simple syrup or cranberry juice
- 4 ounces vodka
- 4 ounces triple sec orange liqueur
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- fresh cranberries and lemon slices for garnish
- For the Cranberry Simple Syrup: Add cranberries, water and sugar to a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Stir often to break up cranberries.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly. Speed up cooling by placing in the freezer for 5 - 10 minutes.
- Strain cranberries and reserve for another use or discard.
- Pour cranberry simple syrup into a covered container and refrigerate until ready to use.
- For the Cranberry Vodka: Mix cranberry simple syrup, vodka, triple sec and lemon juice together.
- Fill 2 glasses with ice and pour Cranberry Vodka over ice.
- Garnish with lemon slices and fresh cranberries if desired.
To make a large batch, double recipe as needed.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 757Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 13mgCarbohydrates: 130gFiber: 7gSugar: 113gProtein: 2g