Spanish Rice with Ground Beef is a quick and easy dinner that can be on the table in about 30 minutes. A hearty skillet meal that the whole family will love.
Spanish Rice with Ground Beef ~ 30 Minute Dinner
This seasoned ground beef and rice skillet with all of your favorite Mexican flavors is one of the easiest meals to make any day of the week. A healthy and filling dinner recipe made with a pound of ground beef.
- Lean Ground Beef
- Olive Oil
- Bell Peppers
- Fresh Garlic
- Long-Grain Rice
- Chicken Broth
- Diced Tomatoes
- Chile Powder
- Green Chile Powder
- Ground Cumin
- Kosher Salt
- Dried Oregano
How to Make Spanish Rice with Ground Beef:
- Add ground beef to a skillet, season with salt and pepper.
- Break up ground beef with a wooden spoon as it cooks to brown on all sides.
- Dice onions, bell peppers and mince garlic.
- In another large skillet, add olive oil with onions, bell peppers and garlic.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring often until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add rice to skillet with vegetables, continue to cook, stirring frequently until rice starts to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth and diced tomatoes with juice.
- Add cooked ground beef, draining excess grease. Mix in chili powder, oregano, ground cumin and salt.
- Bring mixture to a boil, lower to simmer. Cover and cook about 15 minutes or until rice is cooked through.
- Remove from heat, stir well and serve immediately.
Garnishes for Spanish Rice with Ground Beef:
- Sour Cream
Serve Spanish Rice with Ground Beef in a bowl with your favorite toppings or roll it up into a burrito for a filling and delicious meal.
How to Store and Reheat:
- Store leftover Spanish Rice in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
- Reheat in a skillet over medium heat, stirring often until heated through.
More Ground Beef Recipes You Will Love:
- Smothered Burritos
- Bacon Cheeseburger Rice
- Taco Salad with Salsa Ranch Dressing
- Mexican Cornbread
- Easy Stuffed Pepper Soup
If you are standing in the kitchen trying to decide what to cook tonight, this quick and easy Spanish Rice with Ground Beef is the answer. It's made with just a few pantry ingredients and comes together in 30 minutes for a family favorite meal.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON PINTEREST!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cups long-grain rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
Place a skillet over medium heat with ground beef. Season with ½ teaspoon kosher salt and ½ teaspoon black pepper. Cook, crumbling ground beef with a wooden spoon as it cooks to brown on all sides.
Meanwhile, in another large skillet, add olive oil with diced onions, bell peppers and garlic. Cook over medium heat, stirring often about 5 minutes.
Add rice and continue to cook another 5 minutes, stirring often until rice starts to brown.
Stir in chicken broth and tomatoes with the juice.
Mix in oregano, chili powder, ground cumin, kosher salt.
Bring the mixture to a boil, lower to a simmer.
Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until rice is cooked through.
Stir mixture and serve immediately.
Store leftover rice in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days,
Reheat in a skillet over medium heat, stirring until heated through.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 369Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 83mgSodium: 973mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 29g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.