As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Taco Salad with Salsa Ranch Dressing is a quick and easy weeknight dinner. A crispy fried taco bowl topped with lettuce, seasoned ground beef and a salsa ranch dressing. Easy to customize with all of your favorite taco toppings!
Taco Salad with Salsa Ranch Dressing
Taco salad has always been one of my favorites to order at a restaurant and it’s such an easy dinner to make for any night of the week.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
How to Make Taco Salad with Salsa Ranch Dressing:
- Add ground beef to a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, breaking into crumbles as it cooks. Stir often to brown it evenly. Drain any excess grease and discard.
- Add taco seasoning and water and stir mix well. Lower to simmer and cook 5 minutes.
For the Taco Bowls:
- Add 3 cups of vegetable oil to a deep sided skillet or heavy pan. Place over high heat until oil reaches 350°.
- Fry flour tortillas in oil using a tortilla bowl maker or a pair of tongs to create the dished center until lightly browned. Drain on paper towels.
- Layer fried tortilla bowls with shredded lettuce.
- Top with seasoned ground beef.
Add cheese, green onions, tomatoes, sliced olives and avocados. Top with salsa- ranch dressing.
How to Make Salsa Ranch Dressing:
- In a medium sized bowl, add mayonnaise, salsa, milk, ranch salad dressing mix and cumin. Whisk to combine. Place in a mason jar or airtight container and refrigerate until ready to use.
Salsa Ranch Dressing will keep refrigerated up to 2 weeks. It also makes a great dip for chips!
Make taco night even easier by prepping your toppings and making the dressing ahead of time.
- Serve salad with Doritos or Tortilla chips in place of the deep fried bowls.
- Taco bowls can be baked in the oven. Use a taco bowl mold or create one using aluminum foil. Bake tortilla shells for 15 minutes at 375°.
Make taco night something special by making homemade taco bowls and salsa ranch dressing. It’s sure to be a family favorite that you will make again and again.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
If you love this Recipe as much as I do, please leave a comment and a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Pinterest!
For the Taco Salad
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons Taco Seasoning
- 6 flour tortillas (I used the fajita size)
- 3 cups vegetable oil for frying tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 avocado, peeled seeded and diced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
For Salsa Ranch Dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons (or one packet) Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing Mix
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Add ground beef to a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, stirring as it browns until meat is well browned.
- Drain any excess grease and discard. Lower heat to low and add 1/2 cup water, taco seasoning and salt. Cook 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat vegetable oil in a heavy saucepan to 350°F. Use a tortilla bowl maker or a pair of tongs to fry tortillas until lightly browned. Remove to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Fill tortilla bowls with lettuce, top with seasoned ground beef, cheese, avocado, onions, tomatoes, olives and dressing.
- !For Salsa Ranch: In a medium size bowl add mayonnaise, salsa, milk, ranch dressing mix and cumin. Whisk together until well combined. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1953Total Fat: 177gSaturated Fat: 28gTrans Fat: 4gUnsaturated Fat: 139gCholesterol: 157mgSodium: 1556mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 7gSugar: 4gProtein: 49g
Originally published in 2012. Updated with photos and text.