Homemade Taco Seasoning is so simple to mix up and have on hand for all of your favorite Mexican dishes. Just a few simple ingredients that you probably have on hand.
Tacos are my go to meal when I'm just not sure what to cook. Brisket Tacos are my most favorite meal ever and we have Mexican food at least once a week. You'll love just how easy it is to mix up your own taco seasoning and you'll never have to remember to pick up the packets from the store again.
PIN IT TO PINTEREST NOW!
How to Make Taco Seasoning:
In a bowl mix together the following spices:
- Chili Powder - American chili powder which is a blend of chilis and spices - different than cayenne pepper.
- Ground Cumin - adds the smoky depth of flavor that is a must for taco seasoning.
- Granulated Garlic - or garlic powder.
- Kosher Salt - if you are watching your salt intake, adjust to your taste or skip it all together.
- Onion Powder - blends great with the garlic and chili spices for more flavor.
- Smoked Paprika - adds a bit more intense smoky flavor. It is optional but highly recommended.
- Oregano - a great addition to your flavor profile, but I have made it without the oregano on occasion.
- Black Pepper - adds just the right amount of heat, if you like your tacos spicy, add a teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes too.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
How Much Taco Seasoning to Use:
Use 2 tablespoons of taco seasoning per pound of ground beef or chicken with ¼ cup of water.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
If you love this Recipe as much as I do, please leave a comment and a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Pinterest!
- ½ cup chili powder
- ¼ cup ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl until well combined.
- Store in an airtight container.
Taco seasoning will keep up to 6 months stored in an air tight container.