Ground Beef Tacos make a quick and easy weeknight dinner that everyone can agree on. Seasoned ground beef served up in crispy taco shells with lettuce, tomatoes, green onions and sour cream.
Ground Beef Tacos are just the ticket for getting dinner on the table in a hurry and more than likely you have everything you need on hand. The whole family loves tacos since they can pick their favorite toppings.
Tacos aren’t just for Tuesdays at our house, we love serving Brisket Tacos, Grilled Chicken Tacos and Pork Tacos no matter what day of the week it is. We also love this Fajita Pasta for a quick dinner. If we are hosting a dinner party or a family holiday this Mexican Fiesta Menu is the best.
Ingredients Needed for Ground Beef Tacos
- Ground Beef
- Taco Seasoning
- Salsa or picante sauce
- Taco Shells
- Shredded Cheese
- Green Onions
- Sour Cream
Step By Step Directions for Beef Tacos
- Add ground beef to a skillet, breaking it up as it cooks.
- When well browned, drain any excess grease.
- Add taco seasoning and salsa.
- Continue to cook until about 5 minutes, add 1/4 cup water if mixture is dry cooking another 1 – 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast the shells, shred the cheese and lettuce and slice the green onions.
- Fill taco shells with taco meat.
- Add your favorite toppings and serve immediately.
Recipe Notes for Easy Ground Beef Tacos
- Additional Topping Ideas: Guacamole, Avocado Salsa, candied jalapeños, sliced black olives, pico de gallo, Velveeta cheese dip.
- Storage: Store leftover taco seasoned ground beef in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 4 days.
- Reheat: Place taco meat in a skillet with a couple of tablespoons of water and cook over medium heat, stirring until heated through.
Get dinner on the table in about 30 minutes with the best Ground Beef Tacos that are full of delicious flavor served up in crispy shells with all of the best taco toppings.
If you love this recipe as much as we do, please leave a comment and a five star review. Be sure to help us share Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup salsa or picante sauce plus more for serving
- taco shells
- shredded lettuce
- diced tomatoes
- sliced green onions
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- Add ground beef to a skillet and cook over medium-high heat, breaking it up as it cooks until well browned.
- Drain excess grease if needed.
- Mix in the taco seasoning and salsa, stirring to mix well. Cook 5 minutes. If mixture is dry, add 2 tablespoons of water and continue to cook about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the taco shells.
- Serve taco meat on crispy shells with lettuce, tomato, green onions, shredded cheese and other desired toppings.
Additional Topping Ideas: Guacamole, candied jalapeños, sliced black olives, pico de gallo, Velveeta cheese dip.
Storage: Store leftover taco seasoned ground beef in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 4 days.
Reheat: Place taco meat in a skillet with a couple of tablespoons of water and cook over medium heat, stirring until heated through.