As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Easy Guacamole dip is a must have for taco night and your favorite Mexican dinners. Ripe avocados are blended with lime, red onion, tomatoes and garlic for an easy appetizer for any party.
It’s just not a party without chips and dip. Guacamole has to be the hands down favorite for any party. With fresh ingredients you can make delicious guacamole that will rival any restaurant version right at home.
How to Make Easy Guacamole:
- Peel avocados and carefully remove the seeds, set one seed aside.
- Place avocados in a bowl and top with juice of one lime. Mash avocados with a fork.
- Add diced red onion, diced tomatoes, minced garlic, kosher salt, cumin and red pepper flakes. Mix well.
- Place the avocado seed in the center of the guacamole to keep the dip from turning brown. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve with tortilla chips, or for topping your favorite tacos or Mexican dishes.
How to Store Guacamole:
Guacamole is best served fresh or the same day you make it.
Saving the avocado seed and pressing it into the center of the guacamole will help it from turning brown. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing the wrap down onto the surface of the guacamole. Refrigerate up to 2 days.
Another thing you can do to keep guacamole fresh is to drizzle a little cold water over the top of the guacamole. It sounds crazy but it works. I’ve tried it. Just pour the water off of the top before serving and give it a stir.
How to Pick Avocados:
The key to delicious guacamole is definitely in the quality of your avocados. To make guacamole, you need ripe avocados. If you remove the stem on the end and it’s brown, the avocado is over ripe. If the end is green, it’s good to go.
You can place unripe avocados in a paper bag to speed up the ripening process.
Store ripe avocados in the refrigerator if you aren’t ready to use them that day.
More Guacamole Recipes to Try:
Roasted Garlic Guacamole is a must- try for garlic lovers! The roasted garlic is the perfect compliment to ripe avocados.
I am a total pineapple fanatic and Pineapple Guacamole is a favorite for chicken tacos or fish tacos or serve it up with mini sweet peppers for a healthy snack.
Bacon Ranch Guacamole is crazy delicious with crispy bacon and everyone’s favorite ranch dressing flavor.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
If you love this Recipe as much as I do, please leave a comment and a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Pinterest!
- 5 avocados
- Juice of one lime
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Peel avocados and remove seeds, setting one seed aside.
- Place avocado in a bowl with lime juice and mash with a fork, leaving a some chunks of avocado.
- Stir in red onion, tomato, garlic, salt, cumin and red pepper flakes.
- Place avocado seed in center of guacamole.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Guacamole is best served the day it is made. It can be stored in refrigerator up to 2 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 167Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 226mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 7gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g