As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Easy BBQ Chicken Tacos are the perfect quick and easy dinner. Flavorful barbecue grilled chicken tenders, creamy coleslaw, cilantro and jalapeños. Great for entertaining or weeknight family dinners.
BBQ Chicken Tacos
This is a sponsored post in partnership with KC Masterpiece®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Tacos are on our dinner menu at least once a week. Barbecue tacos are my absolute favorite and tacos are something the entire family can agree on.
We picked up the new KC Masterpiece®816 Hot BBQ Sauce at Walmart during our weekly shopping trip and knew it was going to give our grilled chicken tacos a spicy kick that is beyond delicious.
We always have both flour tortillas and crunchy corn taco shells for our taco feasts. We love to wrap the crunchy shells in warm flour tortillas and add the fillings and toppings.
This way when your taco shell crumbles, the flour tortilla catches the filling and you don’t wind up with a pile of taco filling. You have to try it! Plus, you get the best of both the crunchy and chewy shells.
How to make BBQ Chicken Tacos:
- Brush chicken tenders with olive and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat grill to 300°.
- Grill chicken for 3-4 minutes.
- Flip chicken and brush with KC Masterpiece 816 Hot BBQ Sauce.
- Close the grill lid and cook for 3-4 minutes. Flip chicken again and baste with sauce. Cook another 2-4 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°.
- Remove chicken from grill and loosely cover with foil for 5 minutes. Slice chicken tenders and keep warm until serving.
- Heat taco shells and tortillas according to package directions.
- Layer flour tortillas with a corn tortilla inside, fill with creamy coleslaw and bbq chicken slices, drizzle with KC Masterpiece 816 Hot BBQ Sauce. Top with cilantro and sliced jalapeños.
Why go out for barbecue when these easy BBQ Chicken Tacos are so simple to make at home?! You get that classic barbecue joint flavor with KC Masterpiece 816 BBQ Sauces!
KC Masterpiece has always been a family favorite and the whole family was crowded around the bar to sample all three of the sauces when we brought them home from Walmart.
The KC Masterpiece 816 BBQ Sauces are inspired by the Kansas City region. We loved all three of the flavors: Original, which is sweet n’ smoky. Hot, which is spicy n’ smoky and Sweet, which is sweet n’ tangy.
The Hot has a bit of a kick but isn’t too spicy. It was perfect on the grilled chicken and so good paired with the creamy coleslaw. These BBQ chicken tacos did not last a hot minute at our house.
More Recipe Ideas for Taco Night:
Taco Salad with Salsa Ranch Dressing is a great dinner for busy weeknights. Easy to prep ahead and everyone picks their favorite toppings!
Brisket Tacos are unbeatable for leftover brisket! Top these smoky and delicious tacos with coleslaw for an epic taco night!
Blackened Chicken Tacos are another delicious twist for Taco Tuesday! Make them mild or as spicy as you prefer!
The easy squeeze bottle makes it the perfect sauce for grilling and drizzling over your favorite foods! Find all three of the new KC Masterpiece 816 BBQ Sauces at Walmart in the sauce and condiment aisle.
Give this easy BBQ Chicken Tacos recipe a try for your next cookout or Taco Tuesday!
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
If you love this Recipe as much as I do, please leave a comment and a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Pinterest!
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup KC Masterpiece 816 Hot BBQ Sauce, plus more for serving
- 12 small flour tortillas
- 12 crunchy corn taco shells
- 1 cup creamy coleslaw
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat grill to 300°.
- Brush chicken tenders with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken on grill and cook 3-4 minutes.
- Flip chicken and brush with KC Masterpiece 816 Hot BBQ Sauce. Close the grill lid and cook another 3-4 minutes.
- Flip chicken again, brushing with bbq sauce. Cook another 2-3 minutes or until chicken reaches 165° internal temperature.
- Remove chicken from grill and loosely cover with foil and allow to rest 5 minutes. Slice chicken into thin strips and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Cook tortillas and taco shells according to package directions.
- Layer flour tortilla with a crunchy corn taco shell in center, fill with creamy coleslaw and sliced chicken.
- Drizzle chicken with bbq sauce and top with jalapeños and cilantro.