As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Blackened Chicken Tacos are an easy weeknight dinner. Healthy chicken tenders with savory Cajun seasonings and and all of your favorite Tex-Mex toppings.
Blackened Chicken Tacos
Blackened Chicken has always been one of my favorites but I have only recently tried to make it at home. I used to get a blackened chicken sandwich from a little drive-thru restaurant in Arkansas that was amazing. I don’t know why it took me so long to try making it at home!
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
My husband is a whiz at coming up with amazing flavor combinations after catching several messes of large mouth bass, he decided to whip up some blackened fish, which led us to coming up with our own homemade Blackened Seasoning blend. It’s the perfect seasoning for these tacos!
How to Make Blackened Chicken Tacos:
- Pat chicken tenders dry with a paper towel and place in a large bowl. Drizzle olive oil over chicken and add Blackened Seasoning. Rub together, using your hands or a wooden spoon until chicken is completely coated.
- Add olive oil to a cast iron skillet and heat to medium-high heat. Cook chicken tenders, searing on both sides until cooked through.
- Set aside for 5 minutes before slicing for tacos.
- Serve blackened chicken with toasted corn tortillas, shredded cheese, tomatoes, lettuce and red onion. Salsa, or Pico de Gallo,guacamole and sour cream are also great additions.
What is Blackened Chicken?
Blackened chicken is coated with Blackened Seasoning and cooked in a cast iron skillet that quickly sears the outside of the chicken. The seasonings blacken on the chicken and make a nice crust. It cooks quickly and has amazing flavors.
Quick and Easy Side Dishes for Tacos:
Pineapple Cucumber Salad is fresh and delicious and so simple to make. Creamy Coleslaw is always a great side to spicy tacos! Grilled Mexican Street Corn is one of my absolute favorites with a creamy sauce and cotija cheese! You’ll also love this Homemade Salsa and Easy Guacamole to serve with your favorite tacos.
More Tex-Mex Recipes to Try:
Brisket Tacos are one of my most favorite dinners, if you haven’t tried them yet, you are missing out. BBQ Chicken Tacos are a quick and easy dinner for any night of the week. My kids love these Grilled Fish Tacos and they are a super easy dinner that’s also healthy!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Tips for Cooking Blackened Chicken:
We have been making our blackened chicken and fish in our outdoor kitchen using our propane burner, we love it for making our Southern Fried Shrimp. You could also use your grill but traditional blackened chicken is made in a cast iron skillet.
We are using olive oil for this Blackened Chicken to make it a little healthier, butter is the traditional choice for blackened chicken and fish, use which ever you prefer.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
If you love this Recipe as much as I do, please leave a comment and a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Pinterest!
For Blackened Chicken
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders
- 3/4 cup olive oil, divided use
- 2 tablespoons Blackened Seasoning
- 12 taco shells
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- Add chicken tenders to a large bowl and coat with 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil. Sprinkle Blackened Seasoning over chicken and toss with your hands until well coated.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a hot cast iron skillet. Add half of chicken and cook over medium-high heat, turning after about 3 minutes. Continue cooking until lightly charred on both sides and internal temperature is 165°. Repeat with remaining chicken
- Remove to a plate to rest 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Heat taco shells according to package directions.
- Serve tacos with lettuce, cheese, salsa, onion, tomatoes and any of your favorite Tex-Mex toppings like guacamole, sour cream and jalapenos.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 812Total Fat: 58gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 41gCholesterol: 71mgSodium: 2968mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 5gSugar: 4gProtein: 29g
Nutritional Calculation is estimated and may not be accurate.