Pico de Gallo is the best fresh Mexican salsa for topping your favorite tacos, burritos and to dip with tortilla chips. It's so simple to make at home with just a few fresh ingredients.
This is a great recipe to enjoy your summer fresh garden or farmers market produce. We love making this quick and easy fresh salsa for a delicious snack to enjoy with an iced cold beer or margaritas. Great for a hot summer day or as an appetizer for taco night.
PIN IT TO PINTEREST NOW!
Ingredients for Pico de Gallo:
- Red Onion
- Lime Juice
- Salt & Pepper
How to Make Pico de Gallo:
- Dice fresh tomatoes, red onion, jalapeño and cilantro.
- Combine in a medium sized bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Squeeze lime juice over vegetables and stir together.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips or your favorite Tex-Mex dinner.
How Long will Pico de Gallo Last?
Store leftovers in an airtight container in refrigerator. Best if used within 2 days.
This recipe uses half a jalapeño but if you like spicy salsa, go ahead and use a whole jalapeño.
Any variety of tomatoes will work. I've made it with Roma tomatoes, heirloom tomatoes and cherry tomatoes.
If you don't have fresh garlic, you can substitute granulated garlic. ¼ teaspoon of granulated garlic per clove of fresh garlic will work.
It is a super simple recipe that you can double as needed if you are feeding a crowd.
When I have an abundance of tomatoes, I make this Homemade Salsa that can be refrigerated or canned to enjoy all year long.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON PINTEREST!
- 1 ½ cups diced tomatoes
- ¾ cup diced red onion
- ½ jalapeno, seeds removed and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ⅓ cup chopped cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Combine tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, garlic and cilantro in a bowl.
- Squeeze lime juice over vegetables and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate up to 2 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 27Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 203mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 1g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.