Classic Margaritas on the rocks are my absolute favorite cocktail, made with fresh lime simple syrup, Casa Noble Crystal Tequila and triple sec and perfectly finished off with Himalayan Pink Salt. Perfect for National Tequila Day!
It’s National Tequila Day! So let’s celebrate with my favorite cocktail ever, Classic Margaritas! I realized that I’ve shared my Pineapple Margaritas – which has gone totally wild on Pinterest and my Frozen Peach Margaritas but never the classic, so here you go!
How to Make a Margarita:
For years I was in charge of making the margaritas for all of the get togethers. I always made them with frozen limeade, tequila and triple sec which is totally delicious and comes together really quick. Great for serving a crowd.
I have recently discovered how easy it is to make simple syrup. So I made a quick and wonderful lime simple syrup, using fresh lime juice just for these Classic Margarita. I added great tequila and orange liqueur, so simple!! Soooo good I tell you!
The simple syrup can be made ahead of time so these Classic Margaritas can be made spur of the moment or ahead of the party.
The Casa Noble Crystal Tequila is a well balanced, smooth tequila, ideal for making my favorite margaritas!
Rather you are having a cocktail party, barbecue or your favorite Mexican dinner, margaritas are perfect! I love mine on the rocks but you can blend the margaritas with the ice if you prefer a frozen version, but don’t skip out on the salted rim!
Casa Noble Tequila – pure, premium and handcrafted. Our tequila is outstanding for many reasons – we mature our agave plants longer than what the industry recommends; our process is different – it’s more thoughtful and coaxes the best from the plants and let’s not stop there. Casa Noble uses French white oak barrels to age the tequilas. Yes, you can taste the difference – pure, elegant, complex and refined.
More Cocktail Inspiration:
Dole Whip with Rum ~ Wine and Glue
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- ¾ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- Lime simple syrup
- 6 oz Casa Noble Crystal Tequila
- 2 oz Triple Sec - orange liqueur
- Himalayan Pink Salt, coarsely ground
- fresh lime slices for garnish
- Add lime juice, water, sugar and lime zest into a small sauce pan and bring to a boil. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- You can strain out the lime zest if desired - but I like to leave it in.
- Pour into a mason jar or similar container, cover and refrigerate until cool.
- Add lime simple syrup into a pitcher, add tequila and triple sec and stir together until well combined.
- Swipe the edge of each glass with a lime slice and dip into salt. Fill glass with ice and pour margaritas, garnish with a lime slice and serve immediately.
Disclosure: I was provided with samples for recipe development purposes but I was not compensated for this post. As always all opinions are my own. Please drink responsibly.