As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Roast Beef Sandwich
Sandwiches are a simple dinner solution for busy weeknights and I’m here to tell you, they do not have to be ordinary or boring!
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Just take me to the recipe! If you are just in search of the printable recipe card, use the jump to recipe button in the top right corner or just scroll down to the very bottom of the post. Otherwise read on for my favorite time saving trick for easy weeknight dinners!
Dinner time can be so hectic and stressful. One of our favorite ways to make meal time a little easier is to batch cook on the weekends. When we fire up the grill on Saturday or Sunday, we always add a smoked rump roast, whole chicken or do a double batch of beef ribs.
It’s really just as easy to grill a large portion as it is a small portion and it’s such a time saver during the week if the main dish is already prepared.
We can usually get a couple of meals out of one nice sized roast or a whole chicken. It’s also easy to freeze half to eat next week or later in the month. We also love to turn a chuck roast into Poor Man’s Burnt Ends.
How to Make the Best Roast Beef Sandwich:
Any cut of roast will make a delicious sandwich. Rump Roast is really tender and delicious but we most often cook a chuck roast, which is less tender but usually more affordable.
- Pat roast dry with paper towels and season both sides with olive oil and Beef Rub. Use a sharp knife or large tined fork to pierce the roast and rub the seasonings down into the meat.
- Prepare a grill to 300°. Cook roast over indirect heat for 30-40 minutes per pound until it reaches 145°. Allow roast to rest 10 minutes before slicing.
- If you are batch cooking and preparing roast ahead. Cool roast for 30 minutes and do not slice. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- For the sandwiches: Thinly slice roast. For hot roast beef sandwiches, add 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil to a skillet and heat roast over medium heat, about 3-5 minutes, just until warm.
- Butter buns and toast lightly.
- Top buns with thin sliced roast, drizzle with homemade Horseradish Sauce and top with Easy Onion Strings if desired.
This is one of the best Roast Beef Sandwiches that you’ll ever try! It makes a really simple dinner that the entire family can enjoy and it would be a huge hit for game day parties! Guaranteed!
More Sandwiches to Try:
- Smoked Roast Beef Sandwiches have a delicious garlic rub and are slathered with a homemade Vidalia Onion Spread that is over the top delicious.
- Roast Beef and Cheddar Sandwiches are just like the classic drive thru meal but even better with our homemade barbecue sauce!
- Mushroom and Swiss Roast Beef Sandwich is topped with white barbecue sauce for an incredibly delicious sandwich that will knock your socks off!
- Chicken Fried Steak Sandwiches are one of my favorites for a quick comfort food meal. A crispy coated tenderized steak topped with Sriracha Comeback Sauce.
- Philly Chicken Sandwiches are always a hit with lots of peppers, onions and melted cheese on a toasted bun.
- Blackened Shrimp Po Boys are a super easy dinner. Quick, easy and so delicious!
What to Serve with Roast Beef Sandwiches:
- Sweet Potato Fries are so so simple and the best side for burgers or sandwiches. Easy to make in the oven and healthy too!
- Creamy Dill Potato Salad is an easy make ahead side for any dinner and it’s the perfect addition to sandwich night.
- The Best Macaroni Salad is one of our favorite side dishes for every day dinners and a must have for any holiday dinner. It makes a big batch and is perfect for meal prepping to get dinner on the table in a snap.
- Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes are a simple addition to any dinner. Made with red potatoes flavored with garlic and rosemary.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
If you love this Recipe as much as I do, please leave a comment and a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Pinterest!
- 3- 4 pound beef roast (chuck or rump roast)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup Beef Rub
For the Sandwiches:
- Coat roast with olive oil and season with Beef Rub. Use a sharp knife or large tined fork to pierce all over. Rub olive oil and seasonings down into the meat.
- Prepare grill to 300°. Add roast over indirect fire and cook 1 1 1/2 hours or until roast reaches about 155° internal temperature.
- Remove from grill and allow to rest 10 minutes before slicing.
- If you are not serving immediately, cool roast slightly and wrap in plastic wrap before slicing.
- To make the sandwiches: Add 2 tablespoons butter to a skillet and add sliced roast. Cook until just heated through. (Skip this step if you are making sandwiches just after grilling.)
- Butter each side of the buns with remaining butter and toast lightly.
- Top each bun with sliced roast beef, top with horseradish sauce, onions strings and top bun.
- Serve immediately.
Store remaining roast beef wrapped in plastic wrap in refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 620Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 175mgSodium: 2572mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 52g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.