As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Smoked Beef Ribs are marinated in our favorite coffee and brown sugar marinade and slow smoked to perfection. These ribs are tender, juicy and so flavorful.
Smoked Beef Ribs
Beef Ribs make for a hearty and delicious meal. When cooked correctly, they are tender and flavorful. A great main dish for backyard cookouts, tailgating or for grilling with your family.
PIN IT TO PINTEREST NOW!
Just take me to the recipe! If you are only looking for the printable recipe card, just scroll on down to the bottom. You’ll be missing out on the step by step photos and my tips for smoking the best beef ribs ever.
How to Make Smoked Beef Ribs:
- If your ribs are frozen, thaw completely in the refrigerator. Separate and place in a large bowl.
- Prepare the marinade by adding brewed coffee, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasonings, smoked paprika, garlic and salt to a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and then lower to simmer for about 5 minutes. Cool before pouring over meat. Cool rapidly by placing in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
- Pour marinade over beef ribs, cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours.
- Prepare grill or smoker to about 300°.
- Place ribs over indirect fire and cook for 30 minutes. Brush with marinade once more. Continue cooking until internal temperature reaches about 185-190° for the most tender ribs.
- Ribs are cooked through at 145° but they will get more tender starting at about 165° and the most tender around 190°.
This coffee and brown sugar marinade gives the ribs so much flavor that they do not need barbecue sauce. If you really love sauce on your ribs, check out our Homemade Barbecue Sauce,Dr Pepper Barbecue Sauce and Jalapeno Barbecue Sauce recipes.
More Rib Recipes to Try:
- Peach and Ginger Glazed Short Ribs are crazy delicious. I had a reader that tried them on the smoker and said, they were amazing. Cook these in the oven or on the grill.
- Dutch Oven Short Ribs are great for camping or an outdoor weekend. Slow cooked with onions and potatoes in a barbecue broth. These ribs are tender and delicious.
- If you are into pork ribs, we have Dr Pepper Barbecue Ribs, Smoked Spare Ribs and these incredible Smoked Baby Back Ribs and these Mustard BBQ Ribs are outrageously delicious.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
If you love this Recipe as much as I do, please leave a comment and a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Pinterest!
- 4 pounds beef ribs
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Italian Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Prepare marinade by combining brewed coffee, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, Italian Seasoning, smoked paprika, garlic and salt in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil then lower to simmer. Cook 5 minutes, remove from heat and cool to room temperature. Cool rapidly by placing marinade in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
- Place ribs in a large bowl and cover with marinade. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or up to 4 hours.
- Prepare grill or smoker to 300°.
- Place ribs over indirect heat and brush with marinade. Cook 30 minutes, brush with marinade once more. Discard remaining marinade.
- Continue to cook until ribs reach about 165° about 1 more hour. For fall apart tender ribs, cook to 190°.
- Remove from grill and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 895Total Fat: 64gSaturated Fat: 26gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 30gCholesterol: 191mgSodium: 460mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 23gProtein: 52g