Easy Beef Rub recipe for grilling or roasting beef steaks, roasts, burgers and more. A simple combination of brown sugar and spices makes a delicious dry rub for meats.
I grew up having pot roast for Sunday dinner on a regular basis. It was always flavorful and delicious. The roast was always slow cooked while we went to church and enjoyed immediately afterwards. Recently, we started grilling roast beef and it is phenomenal.
This easy beef rub recipe is perfect to rub on a rump roast rather you are grilling or roasting it in the oven or stove top.
Just take me to the recipe!
If you are just looking to view the recipe, scroll on down to the very bottom of the post where you will find the printable recipe card. Otherwise, read on for how we put together this delicious beef rub recipe with ideas for how to use it and store it.
How to Make a Beef Rub:
- In a medium size bowl, combine brown sugar, Mrs. Dash Seasoning blend, granulated garlic, smoked paprika, Lawry’s Season Salt, and coarse sea salt.
- Stir to combine.
- Mixture can be stored in an airtight container or rubbed directly onto Rump Roast or any roast beef, steaks, sprinkled over burgers or mixed into meatballs.
Where to Get the Spices and Blends for Beef Rub:
Spiceology is my favorite spice company. They are the fastest growing spice company right now and it’s due to the quality of their spices and great customer service! Check them out.
You can order direct from Spiceology or through Amazon or look for them in your local grocery store.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
How to Store a dry Beef Rub:
Beef Rub will stay fresh up to 3 months in an airtight container, stored in a cool, dark cabinet. Stir well before using. The brown sugar may want to cake up a little but should loosen easily with a fork to blend.
How long should you leave the dry rub on beef before cooking?
You can add the dry rub to your beef a day in advance to intensify the flavors. Cover and refrigerate until ready to cook.
If you are like me and never plan that far ahead, try to add your beef rub at least an hour before cooking.
More Homemade Seasoning Blends to Try:
Italian Rub is a savory blend of garlic, Italian seasonings and brown sugar. Perfect for seasoning beef, pork or chicken.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
If you love this Recipe as much as I do, please leave a comment and a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Pinterest!
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Mrs Dash Seasoning Blend
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon Lawry's Season Salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Mix all ingredients together in a medium sized bowl until well combined.
- Rub generously on beef steaks, roast or sprinkle over burgers.
- Store beef rub in an airtight container in a dark pantry for up to 3 months. Stir well with a fork before using.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 21Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 386mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 0g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.