As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
A Mushroom and Swiss Roast Beef Sandwich is a quick and easy dinner for any night of the week. Thin sliced roast beef piled high with sautéed mushrooms and Swiss cheese is drizzled with homemade white bbq sauce on a brioche bun. This is one epic sandwich!
Mushroom and Swiss Roast Beef Sandwich
PIN IT TO PINTEREST NOW!
How to Make Mushroom and Swiss Roast Beef Sandwiches:
- Thinly slice mushrooms.
- Sauté in butter until they just start to brown. Set aside.
- Butter and lightly toast brioche buns under the broiler.
- Top bottom buns with thin sliced roast beef, sautéed mushrooms, and a slice of Swiss cheese. Return to the broiler just until cheese is melted and starts to bubble.
- Drizzle with white barbecue sauce and top with toasted top buns.
- Serve immediately.
Rather we are grilling steaks or pork chops, we will plan ahead and have something else to throw on the grill that we can make 1- 2 meals out of during the week. These sandwiches were one of my favorites.
Sandwiches have to be something special for me to get excited about them and these Mushroom and Swiss Roast Beef Sandwiches did not disappoint.
Any sandwich bun will work for these sandwiches but I do love these brioche buns. I found them at Walmart, I also like the Sara Lee Artesano Buns for a fancier sandwich. Brioche bread is rich and soft, made with lots of butter and eggs.
This recipe will work great for your leftover Sunday pot roast or you can pick up thinly sliced deli meat if that works better for you. If you have the time to grill or roast, it will knock your socks off.
A hot roast beef sandwich is comforting and delicious and always a hit for any night of the week. You can easily have these sandwiches on the table in under 30 minutes.
Great Make Ahead Side Dishes For Sandwiches:
- Easy Potato Salad is always a great addition to sandwiches and it’s easy to make ahead and have it ready to go.
- The Best Macaroni Salad is hands down the best pasta salad we’ve ever tried. A sweet dressing along with crunchy vegetables and cheddar cheese.
- Coleslaw is a great side dish for sandwiches and I love to pile it on my sandwiches too. This creamy slaw is so simple to make. It’s sure to be a hit.
- Slice mushrooms thin. Place in a skillet with 2 tablespoons butter. Season with salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat until mushrooms start to brown. Set aside.
- Butter buns and toast lightly under the broiler.
- Top toasted buns with roast beef, mushrooms and a slice of Swiss cheese.
- Return to broiler until cheese is melted.
- Drizzle with white barbecue sauce and add top buns.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 668Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 22gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 229mgSodium: 1873mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 2gSugar: 13gProtein: 37g