Pumpkin Pie Spice is super simple to make with just a few pantry spices. Homemade pumpkin pie spice is the best to have on hand for all of your favorite fall baking recipes.
As the temperatures cool off and the leaves start to change it is time to get in the kitchen and start baking. Holiday baking is my favorite and pumpkin pie spice is a must-have addition to everything from our quick pumpkin cinnamon rolls to pumpkin bread and the classic pumpkin pie.
Pumpkin Pie Spice is made simply from a combination of warm spices including cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice and cloves. It’s what gives all of your holiday goodies that signature fall flavor that we all crave.
Ingredients Needed for Homemade Pumpkin Spice
- Ground Cinnamon
- Ground Ginger
- Grated Nutmeg
- Ground Allspice
- Ground Cloves
You can adjust the ratios of the spices to create a milder version by using more cinnamon or more zesty by adding more ginger and cloves. It’s so simple to make it to your own tastes.
Step by Step Instructions for Pumpkin Pie Spice
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice and cloves.
- Give it a good mixing by using a whisk. Store in a lidded jar or air tight container. As with all spices, keep in a cabinet or pantry and it will stay fresh about 6 months.
Back when we had our own barbecue sauce business, we also made spice blends and I still enjoy coming up with my own instead of paying extra for the premixed versions from the grocery store. Plus if you make it yourself, you know exactly what goes into it.
Recipes Using Pumpkin Spice
- Easy Pumpkin Bread is my absolute favorite pumpkin recipe, I actually enjoy making this all year long. It’s seriously easy and doesn’t even require a mixer!
- Pumpkin Pie Cake is one of our all time favorites for an easy fall dessert. It’s basically a dump cake with pumpkin pie filling, cake mix, butter and pecans. So simple and delicious.
- This super quick and easy dessert recipe for Pumpkin Cannoli is great for any fall gathering or celebration. Great to make ahead and fill the shells just before serving.
- Pumpkin Pie Bars are my twist on the classic Thanksgiving dessert. I use a shortbread crust and these bars are perfect for feeding a crowd.
- No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecakes are crazy-delicious and so simple to make. If you need a last minute holiday dessert, this one is just the ticket. We also love these Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes that are a great make ahead dessert.
- Take your fall cocktail game to the next level with our Pumpkin Spice Mudslide recipe!
- Of course every fall gathering requires a Pumpkin Roll and my family goes crazy for this Pumpkin Pecan Crisp.
If you are in charge of the homemade Thanksgiving desserts this year, take a few minutes to mix up your own pumpkin pie spice. It’s perfect to add to so many fall desserts.
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON PINTEREST!
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a bowl, add cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice and cloves.
- Whisk together until well combined.
- Store in an airtight container in a cabinet or pantry up to 6 months.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 4Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.