Pumpkin Pie Cake is the perfect easy dessert when you are craving fall flavors. It’s essentially classic pumpkin pie topped in with buttery cake and crunchy pecans.
If you are looking for a new dessert to add to your Thanksgiving desserts table this Pumpkin Pie Cake is just the ticket. It’s made just like a dump cake with pie filling, cake mix and butter and is seriously easy to make.
🟢 Ingredients Needed
- Can Pumpkin Puree
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Yellow Cake Mix
- Sweetened Whipped Cream or Ice Cream for serving
🟢 Step by Step Directions
- Add the pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs and pumpkin pie spice.
- Whisk together until well combined.
- Pour the pie mixture into a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Sprinkle cake mix over the pie filling.
- Chop the pecans.
- Sprinkle over the cake mix.
- Melt the butter and drizzle over the cake mix and pecans.
- Bake for 40 – 45 minutes until the edges are browned and center is set.
- Remove from oven to a wire rack to cool at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Top with sweetened whipped cream or vanilla ice cream if desired.
🟢 Recipe Notes
- The pecans are optional, leave them out if desired or substitute with chopped walnuts.
- Use a spice cake mix in place of the yellow cake mix.
Storage: When cooled completely, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 3 days.
Serve chilled or set it out to come to room temperature before serving.
🟢 More Pumpkin Recipes to Try
No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake is a quick make ahead dessert made into individual servings, perfect for holidays and entertaining. Made with just a few ingredients and no mixer required.
Easy Pumpkin Bread is an all-time favorite that I make all year long. It is so simple to make with no mixer required.
Pumpkin Pie Bars are great for feeding a crowd. Made with a shortbread crust and pumpkin pie filling.
This Pumpkin Pie Cake is the easiest fall dessert that you can make for Thanksgiving dinner or friendsgiving. Quick to make and ready in under an hour, this delicious pumpkin dessert is a guaranteed hit.
If you love this recipe as much as we do, please leave a comment and a five star review. Be sure to help us share Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram.
- 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 15.25 ounce yellow cake mix
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup melted butter
- sweetened whipped cream or vanilla ice cream for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Add pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs and pumpkin pie spice and whisk together until smooth.
- Pour into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle cake mix over the top in an even layer.
- Next, sprinkle the pecans over the top.
- Drizzle melted butter over the cake mix and pecans.
- Bake for 40- 45 minutes or until center is set and cake is browned around the edges.
- Remove from oven to a wire rack to cool at least 30 minutes before serving. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Slice into 12 slices and top with whipped cream or ice cream if desired.
For Sweetened Whipped Cream: Beat 2 cups heavy whipping cream with 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract until stiff peaks form. Keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 2 days.
Variations: The pecans are optional and can be left out or substitute with walnuts or other chopped nuts.
Spice cake mix can be used in place of yellow cake mix.
Storage: Cover the cooled cake with plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 3 days.
Serve chilled or set out to come to room temperature before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 526Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 92mgSodium: 463mgCarbohydrates: 61gFiber: 2gSugar: 44gProtein: 8g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.