Pumpkin Pecan Crisp is a super easy and delicious dessert for fall. Creamy pumpkin pie topped with a crunchy topping made with brown sugar, oats and cinnamon. Serve it warm from the oven with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream.
My family loves fruit crisp and pumpkin pie so I thought combining the two might be a good idea, it turns out, it’s a fantastic idea! It is the perfect flavor combination and no fussy pie crust to deal with! You might also like this super easy Pumpkin Pie Cake for Thanksgiving.
- Pumpkin Puree (Not Pie Filling)
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- All Purpose Flour
- Brown Sugar
- Old Fashioned Oats
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Step by Step Instructions
- Into a mixing bowl, add pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Pour into a 9 inch pie plate.
- In another bowl, add flour, brown sugar, pecans, oats, cinnamon and salt.
- Mix to combine and then add butter.
- Use a large tined fork, pastry cutter or your fingers to mix until you have a crumb texture.
- Sprinkle over pie.
- Next, Place pie on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for about 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
How to Store:
Store leftover crisp covered with plastic wrap in refrigerator up to 3 days. Bring to room temperature before serving or warm slightly in the microwave.
Recipe Tips and Variations:
This recipe uses a thick brown sugar crisp topping, if you aren’t a fan of the thicker crisp topping, just make half of the topping and bake according to directions.
Pecans can be substituted with walnuts or almonds if desired, or omitted if preferred.
Baking the pie on a rimmed baking sheet will catch any spills or pieces of the topping that might come off when you are getting it into and out of the oven.
If the topping starts to brown too quickly, loosely cover with foil for remaining baking time.
This is a basic pumpkin pie filling and can be baked in a pie crust with the option of adding the crisp topping.
We always include Pecan Pie for almost every holiday get together and my version uses brown sugar in place of corn syrup. It’s a hit with everyone who tries it.
You might also like this easy Blueberry Crisp for a simple holiday dessert to serve with vanilla ice cream.
I am a huge fan of all things pumpkin and I don’t hesitate to bake them all year long. This easy Pumpkin Pecan Crumble was such a huge hit with our entire family that it will be on the regular dessert rotation and a holiday must-have!
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON PINTEREST!
- 15 ounce can pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
for the topping
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Add pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, nutmeg and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Mix well with a wooden spoon or wire whisk.
- Pour into a 9 inch pie dish.
- In a clean bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, chopped pecans, oats, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Use a fork, pastry cutter or fingers to mix butter into flour mixture until you get a crumbly texture.
- Sprinkle over pie filling.
- Bake 45 minutes. If crisp starts to brown too quickly, cover loosely with foil for remaining baking time.
- Remove from oven and cool about 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with vanilla ice cream if desired.
Store covered in refrigerator up to 3 days.
Bring to room temperature before serving or warm in microwave.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 612Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 100mgSodium: 402mgCarbohydrates: 81gFiber: 4gSugar: 61gProtein: 11g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.