Peppermint Hot Chocolate is a quick and easy hot cocoa spiked with peppermint schnapps for a cozy party cocktail or the perfect night cap any night of the week.
Peppermint Hot Chocolate ~ Spiked Hot Cocoa
Quick and easy hot cocoa spiked with peppermint schnapps is sure to warm you right up on a cold day. Ready in about 5 minutes and perfect for sipping by the fire or cozied up on the couch with your favorite book.
- Milk ~ Whole milk is best for rich and creamy hot chocolate.
- Chocolate Syrup ~ I like Hersheys, Ghiradelli is really great too.
- Peppermint Schnapps ~ Clear distilled spirit, made with grain alcohol and peppermint oil. Tasted just like a candy cane. Great for flavoring cocktails and holiday desserts.
- Sweetened Whipped Cream or Cool Whip
- Shaved Chocolate
- Fresh Mint
How to Make Peppermint Hot Chocolate:
- In a saucepan add milk and chocolate syrup.
- Place over low heat.
- Whisk until combined and heated through. Do not bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and pour into one large mug or two small cups.
- Add peppermint schnapps, stir to combine.
- Garnish with whipped cream, shaved chocolate and fresh mint if desired.
Double recipe as needed.
How to Make Peppermint Hot Chocolate without the Schnapps:
- Use 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract in place of the peppermint schnapps for a no alcohol version.
More Hot Cocktails to Keep you Warm:
Best Treats to Serve with Peppermint Hot Chocolate:
Spiked Peppermint Hot Chocolate is the perfect adult cocoa to serve as an after dinner treat or make it for a crowd during the holidays. A minty chocolate treat that is cozy and deliciously decadent. It is so simple to make that you really don’t need any occasion to enjoy it.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON PINTEREST!
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/3 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 1/2 ounces peppermint schnapps
- sweetened whipped cream or cool whip
- shaved chocolate
- fresh mint
- Pour milk into a small saucepan. Whisk in chocolate sauce and place over medium heat. Whisk continually until well combined and heated through, about 3- 5 minutes. Do not boil.
- Pour into two small mugs or one large mug.
- Add peppermint schnapps and stir to combine.
- Garnish with whipped cream, chocolate and a sprig of mint if desired.
Double recipe as needed.
To make for a crowd: Mix milk, chocolate syrup and peppermint schnapps in to a crock pot. Cook on low heat for about an hour. Lower to warm until ready to serve. Stir before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 366Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 120mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 2gSugar: 43gProtein: 7g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.