As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
No Bake Cookies are the classic that we all grew up with. One of the easiest desserts that you can make without ever turning on the oven! Make them extra crunchy with chopped peanuts!
I remember my mom making no bake cookies so often when I was growing up and they were always a favorite. I make them at least once or twice a month for my family and they never last long.
PIN IT TO PINTEREST NOW!
How to Make No Bake Cookies:
Add milk, butter, sugar and cocoa powder to a pan.
Stir until butter is melted. Continue to cook, bringing to a boil. Cook for 1 1/2 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla. Mix in oats and peanuts. Stir to combine.
Scoop mounds onto parchment paper. Top with chopped peanuts if desired. Allow to cool completely.
Store in an airtight container up to 5 days.
Tips for the Best No Bake Cookies:
- Gather and measure out all of your ingredients before you start.
- Set a time for the boiling time of exactly 90 seconds.
- You can use quick oats or old fashioned oats. Old fashioned oats will have more texture.
- Crunchy or creamy peanut butter will work. For extra crunchy cookies, add in more peanuts.
I’ve made these cookies hundreds of times. On occasion, they don’t turn out perfect. Most of the time it’s because the phone rings and I get distracted. If your cookies don’t turn out perfect, here are a few ideas of what might have gone wrong.
If your cookies are crumbly, you probably over cooked the chocolate and peanut butter mixture or added too many oats.
Sticky cookies that don’t set up. You may not have cooked the chocolate and peanut butter mixture enough.
No bake cookies are one of my favorites especially during summertime when it is too hot to turn on the oven. I love how quick and easy these cookies come together with just a few ingredients.
My Favorite Kitchen Tools For Making Cookies:
- Cookie Scoop – perfect for no bake cookies or your favorite chocolate chip cookies.
- Parchment Paper – so handy for no bake cookies and to make your baked cookies come out perfect.
- Measuring Cups – a great set of measuring cups and spoons for easy baking.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups oats
- 1 1/2 cups chopped peanuts, optional
Add milk, butter, sugar and cocoa powder to a saucepan and place over medium - high heat.
Stir together until butter is melted. Bring mixture to a boil. Cook for 1 1/2 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla extract.
Stir in oats and peanuts until well combined.
Scoop onto parchment paper. Top with a few chopped peanuts if desired.
Allow to cool completely.
Store in an airtight container up to 4 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 153Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 73mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 2gSugar: 9gProtein: 4g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.