Chocolate Volcano Cookies are rich, chewy and incredibly rich. A bakery-style cookie that you can easily bake at home. Gluten-free and perfect for your sweet tooth!
Chocolate Volcano Cookies
If you love chocolate as much as I do, you are going to love these Chocolate Volcano Cookies! I found the recipe while thumbing through an issue of Good Housekeeping. I literally tore the recipe out and baked these cookies immediately.
Nothing makes my kids as happy as a batch of fresh baked cookies. I often make Cream Cheese Peanut Butter Cookies or Chocolate Chip Biscotti but these chocolate volcano cookies were a nice change to the regular cookie rotation.
These cookies are gluten-free and have no flour. They have the most glorious texture and remind me of brownies. They are crunchy around the edges and perfectly chewy on the inside.
When I pulled them out of the oven they had spread so much I thought all was lost. I thought I had scooped them too large, not measure the ingredients right or something.
I started trying to think up ways to salvage them into another dessert. After they cooled, I found them to be just perfect. Maybe not the prettiest, but oh so delicious! They really reminded me of a bakery-style cookie but they are totally easy to make at home.
Pair these cookies with a tall glass of milk, a hot cup of coffee or rich and creamy hot chocolate. You will love every last crumb of chewy chocolate goodness! I promise!
More cookies to love:
Coffee Sugar Cookies from I am Baker
Salted Caramel Pie Slice Cookies from In Katrina’s Kitchen
Bourbon Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies from Eclectic Recipes
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
- 1 lb (3¾ cups) powdered sugar
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and lightly spray with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl add powdered sugar, cocoa powder and salt. Whisk together until well combined. Add egg whites and vanilla and beat with a wooden spoon until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Set aside for about 5 minutes to rest.
- Scoop dough with a medium-size cookie scoop or tablespoon about 3 inches apart onto lined cookie sheets.
- Bake 15 minutes our until cookies are set and look crackly.
- Cool slightly on cookie sheet and then move to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.