Easy Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies recipe that is super simple to make, no chilling required! Only a few ingredients to just mix, bake and EAT!
Fresh baked cookies are really hard to beat. I almost always have fresh baked cookies in my cookie jar: Best Ever Sugar Cookies, Pecan Sandies, Chocolate Volcano Cookies and my famous Chocolate Chip Biscotti are a few of my favorites.
We also love Chewy Chunky Cookie Bars filled chocolate, toffee and walnuts and these Cookie Bars from South Your Mouth are also pretty irresistible!
When my folks come to visit, they always stop by Sam’s Club and bring us goodies. Last time, they brought a giant bag of walnuts and I have been obsessed. I love making my mom’s candied walnuts to snack on and adding them to everything including these easy chocolate chip cookies.
Ingredients for Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies Recipe
- Butter – I like to use salted butter but unsalted butter works well too. Let the butter come to room temperature for the best results.
- Granulated Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- Large Eggs – Room temperature.
- Vanilla Extract
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Kosher Salt
- Walnuts – toast them if you like.
- Chocolate Chips – Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, Milk Chocolate Chips or Chocolate Chunks
How to Make Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies
- Add softened butter to a mixer bowl and beat with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Next, add sugars, egg and vanilla, mixing until combined.
- Add flour, soda and salt and mix thoroughly.
- Next, add chocolate chips and chopped walnuts and mix well.
- Scoop onto a lined cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Flatten chocolate chip cookie dough balls and top with additional chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes for chewy cookies and 12-14 minutes for crunchy cookies.
- Cool cookies on a wire cooling rack.
For full printable recipe for Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies, scroll to the bottom of this post.
How to Store Chocolate Chip Cookies
The best way to store cookies is in an airtight container or cookie jar with an airtight seal. Cookies will stay fresh up to 3 days. After that you can freeze them in zip top freezer bags or freezer-safe container for longer storage, if desired.
Baking Time for Chocolate Chip Cookies
We have a great debate in our house rather cookies should be crunchy or soft and chewy. You can bake these delicious Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies for 8-10 minutes for a softer cookie or bake them a few minutes longer for a crunchier cookie. I did this batch about half and half to make everybody happy.
If you love eating the dough before you get it baked into cookies, give my edible cookie dough a try. It’s totally irresistible and easy to keep on hand for sudden cravings.
How to Store Cookies
The best way to store cookies is in an airtight container or cookie jar with an airtight seal. Cookies will stay fresh up to 3 days. After that you can freeze them in zip top freezer bags if desired.
Baking Time for Chocolate Chip Cookies:
We have a great debate in our house rather cookies should be crunchy or soft and chewy. You can bake these Easy Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies for 8-10 minutes for a softer cookie or bake them a few minutes longer for a crunchier cookie. I did this batch about half and half to make everybody happy.
More Easy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes to Bake
- When I make Chocolate Chip Sprinkle Cookies with M&M candies, they never last long. These amazing cookies are always a favorite for the holidays.
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are loaded with chewy oats and plenty of chocolate chips for a traditional chocolate chip cookie that everyone loves.
- My kids are a huge fan of these soft and chewy Chocolate Chip Toffee Cookies. They are easy to bake and it’s a great recipe for any occasion.
- If you love eating the dough before you get it baked into cookies, give my edible cookie dough a try. It’s totally irresistible and easy to keep on hand for sudden cravings.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Helpful Tools for Baking Cookies
- Stand Mixer or Hand Mixer ~ I have both and use my stand mixer the most for making cookies.
- Half Sheet Pan ~ I love these for baking cookies and making sheet cakes.
- Parchment Paper ~ Cookies bake evenly and makes for super easy cleanup!
- Cookie Scoop ~ I am the worst at making things the same size, a cookie scoop helps me a ton!
- Cookie Jar ~ This is similar to the cookie jar I have and so cute with the chalkboard label!
Why You Will Love this Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies Recipe
- No Chill Recipe: This is the perfect cookie recipe if you don’t have time or patience to wait on the dough to chill. These are the best chocolate chip walnut cookies that have crispy edges and chewy centers.
- Makes a Small Batch: This easy cookie recipe is perfect for a quick weekday treat that makes a small batch. Double the recipe if you are baking for a crowd.
- Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe: If you love crunchy walnuts, this is sure to be your new favorite cookie recipe!
These Easy Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies with just a few ingredients that you probably have on hand are a great anytime treat. The perfect chocolate chip cookie to bake and share with friends and family.
If you love this Easy Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies Recipe as much as I do, please leave a comment and a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Pinterest!
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 1/2- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Add softened butter to a mixer bowl and beat until creamy.
- Add sugars, egg and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt, mix well.
- Add chocolate chips and chopped walnuts and mix thoroughly.
- Scoop into small balls and place on a lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Smash cookie dough balls slightly with a fork or with your fingers and add additional chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes for soft cookies and 12-14 minutes for crunchier cookies.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 43Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 21mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 0g