These Pecan Sandies Cookies are loaded with crunch pecans and the flavor of brown butter! They are a twist on my Grandma’s sugar cookie recipe and I think they will soon become your favorite!
We have many discussions on the perfect cookie at our house. I prefer them slightly under cooked and chewy and my husband says the crunchier the better. These Pecan Sandies are the perfect balance of the two.
You can bake these a little longer and they do get really crunchy, I baked them for about 15 minutes and they are really crisp around the edges and slightly soft in the middles. You get a ton of flavor from the brown butter and it goes so well with the pecans.
One of my all- time favorite cookies are my Grandma’s Sugar Cookies and I made the Citrus Butter Cookies version at Christmas. It’s a great recipe to experiment with and was the base for these Pecan Sandies.
I had to make about 3 batches of these Pecan Sandies to snap a photo to share with you. They disappear so fast! I’m not admitting how many of these I ate while enjoying my morning coffee. They are addicting! It’s been another hectic week around here. I’ve not had nearly enough time in the kitchen lately.
Just when I think things are going to slow down, life throws another round of things to deal with. I’m still struggling to finish the accounting and Emmet broke his collar bone while at school last week. The emergency room sent us home saying it wasn’t broken. After returning home we decided to go to a different clinic in the bigger town down the road. It was broken and the poor kid was miserable. I have a few new gray hairs and I should be sharing cocktails but honestly, I’m too tired to drink. Plus drinking and accurate accounting work don’t exactly go together. Cookies will have to do and these cookies are just the ticket after a long, stressed-out week.
- ½ cup brown butter, cooled
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract)
- 2¼ cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup sugar for smashing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add brown butter, oil, egg, sugars and vanilla to a mixer bowl and mix on medium speed until creamy. Add flour, salt, baking soda, and cream of tartar all at once and continue to mix at medium speed until well combined. Fold in pecans.
- Scoop onto a lined or greased baking sheet about 1 inch apart.
- Dip a fork into sugar and mash cookies criss cross.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on cookie sheet. Store in an airtight container.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!