Chocolate Chip Sprinkle Cookies are a guaranteed fun and delicious cookie to bake for any occasion. Soft and chewy cookies loaded with chocolate chips, festive sprinkles and m&m candies.
If you are looking for a festive cookie for your Christmas cookie trays or just a new twist on your favorite chocolate chip cookies, this is just the recipe. Switch out different colored sprinkles and m&ms for different holidays.
We have an ongoing debate at our house of chewy versus crunchy cookies, so I always slightly under bake half of the batch and bake the other half until crisp. I am including instructions for both. That way everyone is happy!
- Salted Butter
- Light Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Kosher Salt
- Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- M&Ms Candies
Step By Step Directions
- Cream the butter, sugar and brown sugar with an electric mixer for 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add flour, baking soda and kosher salt. Mix well.
- Add chocolate chips and sprinkles.
- Mix until well combined.
- Scoop cookie dough onto parchment lined baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Add additional chocolate chips to the tops of the cookie dough balls if desired.
- Bake for 8 – 10 minutes for soft and chewy cookies and 12- 14 minutes for crunchier cookies.
- Remove from oven.
- Press m&m candies into the tops of the warm cookies. Cool for 2 minutes on the pan.
- Move to a wire rack to cool completely.
This recipe makes a large batch, perfect to bake and share for the holidays. Ideal for potlucks, cookouts or any large gathering.
Switch out different sprinkles to celebrate any holiday and M&M’s to match the occasion.
Storage: Store cooled cookies in an airtight container up to 5 days.
Tips for Baking Chewy Cookies: Remove cookies from the oven when the bottoms just start to brown and the tops of the cookies are slightly under baked. Let them rest on the pan for a few minutes to set up, then move to a wire rack to cool.
More of Our Favorite Cookie Recipes
Cream Cheese Spritz Cookies are festive to decorate with the kids for Christmas and a delicious butter cookie to enjoy any time of year. Made with a cookie press for fun shapes.
Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies are really easy to make and don’t require any chilling. Filled with loads of coconut and chocolate chips for a tasty treat.
Brown Sugar Shortbread is a simple cookie recipe that uses just a few ingredients. They are crisp and buttery and impossible to resist.
Snowball Cookies are a classic for any occasion. Rich and buttery with crunchy pecans and rolled in powdered sugar. These are one of the easiest cookie recipes to make.
Add these easy Chocolate Chip Sprinkle Cookies with M&Ms to your baking list for Christmas or any time of year for a tasty treat that everyone will love.
If you love this recipe as much as we do, please leave a comment and a five star review. Help us share on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook!
- 1 cup salted butter (2 sticks)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups sprinkles
- 1 cup M&Ms candies
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cream the butter, sugar and brown sugar in a mixer bowl on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, beating until combined.
- Next, add the all purpose flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until combined, about 2 minutes.
- Add 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips and sprinkles, mix well.
- Using a medium size cookie scoop and place cookie dough 2 inches apart on parchment lined baking sheets.
- Add additional chocolate chips to the cookie dough balls if desired.
- Bake for 8 -10 minutes just until cookies are set around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and press 4-5 m&ms into each cookie. Cool on the pan 2 minutes then move to a wire rack to cool completely.
Switch out the sprinkles and M&Ms for any holiday occasion.
For crunchy cookies, bake 12-14 minutes.
Store cookies in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 152Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 76mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 1g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.