Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies are chewy cookies made with oatmeal, chocolate chips and coconut. An irresistible flavor combo to fill your cookie jar this week.
When our kids and grandkids come in the door, they all immediately head for the cookie jar. Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies, Soft Chocolate Chips Cookies and my Grandma’s Best Ever Sugar Cookies are a few of their favorites.
These easy coconut chocolate chip cookies are perfect for any day of the week. There’s no chilling required and this recipe makes a large batch so you will have plenty to share.
- Salted Butter ~ Softened to room temperature.
- Brown Sugar
- Granulated Sugar
- Large Eggs ~ Room temperature.
- Vanilla Extract
- All Purpose Flour
- Old Fashioned Oats ~ Quick oats will work too.
- Sweetened Flake Coconut
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
Step By Step Directions
STEP 1 Add softened butter, brown sugar and sugar to a mixing bowl. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
STEP 2 Add the eggs and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
STEP 3 Next, add the flour, oats and coconut. Mix thoroughly.
STEP 4 Add the chocolate chips, mixing until combined.
STEP 5 Line rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. Use a medium size cookie scoop to make 1 1/2 inch cookie dough balls. Press a few more chocolate chips into the dough if desired.
STEP 6 Place on the lined cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
STEP 7 Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown around the edges and centers are mostly set.
STEP 8 Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Storage: Store cooled cookies in an airtight container or cookie jar up to 7 days.
- Freeze: Freeze cookie dough on a lined baking sheet for 2 hours. Place in freezer bags in a single layer up to 3 months. To bake frozen cookie dough, place on a lined baking sheet and bake at 350° for 12- 15 minutes.
- Add Nuts: Add 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts to the dough for additional crunch.
More Easy Cookie Recipes to Try
- No Bake Cookies are a classic for a quick and easy dessert. Made with chocolate, peanut butter and oats.
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies are always a hit and so easy to make with no mixer required.
- Dish Pan Cookies are loaded with everything including coconut, Rice Krispies cereal, oatmeal and chocolate chips.
Try these Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies for a quick and easy dessert for any occasion, potluck or holiday gathering.
If you love this recipe as much as we do, please leave a comment and a five star review. Help us share on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook!
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line rimmed baking sheets with parchement paper and set aside.
- Add softened butter, brown sugar and sugar to a mixing bowl. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Next, add eggs and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- Add flour, oats and coconut, mixing thoroughly.
- I add 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips, saving 1/2 cup to press into the cookie dough before baking, this is optional. Mix dough until chocolate chips are combined into the dough.
- Use a medium size cookie scoop to make 1 ½ inch cookie dough balls. Press a few more chocolate chips into the dough if desired.
- Place on the lined cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown around the edges and centers are mostly set.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 149Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 118mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 2g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.