Easy Chicken Quesadillas are a family favorite for a quick and easy weeknight dinner. A great recipe to make with leftover or rotisserie chicken and a surefire hit for picky eaters!
Grilling a couple of whole chickens over the weekend is one of our best short cuts to make fast dinner recipes for busy nights. Serve these chicken quesadillas along with Rolled Chicken Tacos with Skillet Mexican Street Corn and the entire family will be racing to the dinner table.
Easy Chicken Quesadillas ~ Quick Dinner Recipe
- Burrito Size Flour Tortillas
- Shredded Chicken ~ Grilled or Rotisserie
- Olive Oil
- Granulated Garlic
- Ground Cumin
- Chili Powder
- Kosher Salt
- Shredded Cheese: Sharp Cheddar, Monterey Jack or Pepper Jack
How to Make Easy Chicken Quesadillas
- Add the chicken in a pan coated in olive oil with the salt and spices.
- Cook over medium heat until heated through.
- Build the quesadillas by layering each tortilla with shredded cheese, seasoned chicken, more cheese and top with another tortilla.
- Cook in a tortilla maker or a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- If using a skillet, flip after 2-3 minutes to brown on both sides, cooking until cheese is melted and tortillas are golden brown.
- Slice and serve with your favorite toppings.
How to Store and Reheat
- Store leftovers wrapped in plastic wrap in the refrigerator up to 4 days.
- Reheat in an air fryer at 350° or toaster oven for 3- 5 minutes.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Should You Buy a Quesadilla Maker?
Quesadilla Makers are great for teens college students and young adults. It is a simple kitchen appliance that doesn’t take up much space. My teenager was using my tiny waffle maker to make quesadillas and making a giant mess, so I bought one to try out. If you have a full kitchen or your teens are experienced with cooking on the stove top, it probably isn’t necessary.
More Quick and Easy Chicken Recipes
- Hot Honey Chicken Wraps are super fast and incredibly delicious. Sweet and spicy chicken with lettuce and cheese in a tortilla.
- Cheesy Chicken Empanadas are crispy and so delicious. Great for any night of the week or a quick appetizer.
- Easy Chicken Tacos can be made with leftover chicken or rotisserie chicken and served up with all of your favorite taco fixings.
- Mandarin Orange Chicken Salad is a light and easy meal that is loaded with flavor. Green leaf lettuce topped with shredded chicken, mandarin oranges and crispy almonds with a quick Asian dressing.
Sometimes half of the battle of making dinner is figuring out what to cook. Take the stress out of dinnertime with these easy chicken quesadillas, they are hearty and delicious and so quick to make.
If you love this recipes as much as we do, please leave a comment and a five star review. Be sure to help us share Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 pound shredded chicken (grilled or rotisserie)
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 6 burrito size flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups Monterey jack cheese or pepper jack
- Optional Garnishes: sour cream, salsa, guacamole
- Coat a skillet with olive oil and add the chicken, garlic, cumin, salt and chili powder. Mix well and cook over medium heat until just heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Layer tortillas with a layer of cheddar, chicken, Monterey jack and top with another tortilla.
- Cook in a quesadilla maker or skillet. If using a skillet cook over medium- high heat turning after about 2 minutes to brown on both sides, cooking until golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Remove to a cutting board and cut into wedges using a pizza cutter or sharp knife.
- Serve with desired toppings.
Store leftover quesadillas in an airtight container up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
Reheat in a 350° air fryer or toaster oven for 3- 5 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 838Total Fat: 44gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 132mgSodium: 1846mgCarbohydrates: 64gFiber: 10gSugar: 6gProtein: 47g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.