Asian Ramen Slaw is a crunchy, flavorful and delicious side dish to add to any meal. It comes together really quick with toasted almonds and a simple sesame dressing.
Asian Ramen Slaw ~ Quick and Easy Side Dish
One of my kids came home from school telling us we absolutely had to make Asian Ramen Slaw aka Crack Slaw. It was an instant hit and we've been making this easy side dish for ages. It's perfect to add to any meal for busy weeknights and great for summer cookouts too.
- Cabbage ~ Use a bag of slaw mix to make it even easier.
- Green Onions
- Ramen Noodles ~ Just the noodles, discard the seasoning packet.
- Sliced Almonds
- Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Olive Oil
- Rice Wine Vinegar
- Soy Sauce
- Toasted Sesame Oil
- Granulated Garlic
How to Make Asian Ramen Slaw:
- Toast the sliced almonds and crushed ramen in a dry skillet over low heat, stirring occasionally. If your sesame seeds are not toasted, throw them in the skillet at the end.
- When the almonds are lightly browned, pour the mixture into a bowl and set aside to cool slightly.
- Chop or shred cabbage and shred the carrot. Slice the green onions. Add all to a bowl.
- Mix the dressing by combining the olive oil, honey, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce and garlic with a whisk.
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture.
- Stir to mix well. If you are not serving immediately, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. You'll want to add the toasted almond and ramen mixture in just before serving.
- Add the toasted almonds, ramen and sesame seeds.
- Mix well and serve immediately.
How to Store:
- Leftover slaw can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 2 days but it is best served fresh. The ramen will become soft and no longer crunchy.
More Easy Side Salads to Try:
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON FACEBOOK & PINTEREST!
- 2 packages ramen noodles
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 6 cups shredded or chopped cabbage
- 1 carrot, shredded
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
For the dressing:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon granulated garlic
- Crush the ramen noodles and place in a a dry skillet with the almonds, discard the seasoning packet from the noodles.
- Cook over low heat, stirring often until almonds are toasted. If your sesame seeds aren't toasted, stir them in at the end.
- Remove from heat and pour into a bowl to cool slightly.
- In a bowl, combine the cabbage, carrot and green onions.
- In another bowl, whisk together the olive oil, honey, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil and garlic.
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture and stir until well combined.
- If you aren't serving immediately, cover and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Stir in the toasted almonds, ramen and sesame seeds just before serving.
Store leftover ramen salad in a covered dish in the refrigerator up to 2 days. It is best served fresh as the ramen will become soft as it sits.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 342Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 660mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 6gSugar: 14gProtein: 8g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.