Broccoli Pineapple Salad is the perfect side dish for a quick weeknight meal or a favorite for summer cookouts! My version is filled with fresh broccoli, pineapple, red onions, toasted pecans, bacon and an easy three ingredient citrus dressing.
I am all about the quick and easy dinners! Today I have a fabulous side dish and I'm sharing one of my favorite short cuts to get dinner on the table in a flash! I have even included a video just to show you how easy it can be!
We are counting down the last days of school and our official summer is about to start here on the ranch. In fact the guys started cutting hay yesterday. Let the crazy- busy season begin. I'm ready for it and along with it, I have some great recipes to help you get dinner prepared without any hassle.
We have started planting our garden and it has me craving fresh vegetables like crazy. We have planted green beans, onions, lettuce, tomatoes, peppers, carrots and broccoli. I'm so excited to have our own garden fresh broccoli. This Broccoli Pineapple Salad is going to be perfect for our crazy summer schedule. It's perfect to make ahead and goes so good with Grilled Chicken.
My mom made broccoli and cauliflower salad when I was growing up but I think it had more of a savory dressing. I made a few changes to the traditional broccoli salad and it is my new favorite! I added orange juice to sweeten the dressing and it's just right, not overpoweringly sweet. I just happened to have a pineapple sitting on the cabinet that was ripe and ready and decided it would be a fun addition in place of the traditional grapes. You can totally enjoy the Broccoli Pineapple Salad right away but it gets even better after refrigerating for a few hours. A great dish to have on hand for busy schedules.
How to Make Broccoli Pineapple Salad:
- Chop fresh broccoli into bite- sized florets.
- Dice Red Onion and cut pineapple into bite-size chunks.
- Crumble cooked bacon and toasted pecans.
- Add all to a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Mix mayonnaise, white wine vinegar and orange juice and pour over broccoli mixture, tossing until well coated.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate 2 hours.
Perfect Recipes to Complete Your Meal:
- Creamy Coleslaw
- The Best Macaroni Salad
- Greek Salad with Roasted Garlic Salad Dressing
- Rosemary Brioche Rolls
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, cut into bite-sized chunks
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ½ cup toasted pecans
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Add broccoli, pineapple, red onion, bacon and pecans to a large bowl and mix to combine.
- In a small bowl, add mayonnaise, white wine vinegar and orange juice. Whisk until combined.
- Pour dressing over broccoli mixture and stir until well coated.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 169Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 173mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 4g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.