As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Thai Cucumber Salad is a refreshing and delicious cool salad to add to your summer menus. Great for cookouts and potlucks. This salad makes an easy side dish or perfect snack to keep on hand.
Thai Cucumber Salad
Our garden cucumbers are producing an abundance this year and I’ve been on the lookout for more easy cucumber recipes. I love the sweet and tangy flavors of this easy cucumber salad and I think you will too.
- Slice cucumbers and sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Toss to coat and place in a colander and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Mix up the dressing with rice wine vinegar, sugar, toasted sesame oil, garlic, ginger and cilantro.
- Rinse cucumbers and pat dry.
- Toss into dressing until well combined. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Mix well before serving.
- Garnish the salad with chopped peanuts before serving.
My mother in law has been making jars and jars of pickle relish and I’ve made this Creamy Cucumber Salad at least once a week. This Thai Cucumber Salad was a nice change and so delicious alongside grilled burgers and roast beef sandwiches.
Simple side dishes that don’t requiring cooking are my favorite for hot weather. I will be making this Thai Cucumber Salad on repeat all summer long.
Tips for Making Thai Cucumber Salad:
You might not have thought about garnishing a cucumber salad with peanuts but the flavors totally work and the extra crunch is delicious. Definitely add the peanuts just before serving or as you plate the salad, leaving them as an option.
Most Thai recipes are a bit on the spicy side for me. You can add red pepper flakes if you are a fan of spicy cucumbers.
How Long Will Thai Cucumber Salad Keep?
Thai Cucumber Salad will keep up to 4-5 days. Ours didn’t make it passed day 2, it was a big hit and I am making it again today.
More Cucumber Recipes to Try:
Pineapple Cucumber Salad is refreshing and delicious. Just a few ingredients and so simple to make.
Creamy Cucumber Salad is great with just about any summer meal. Loaded with cucumbers, onions and a creamy dill dressing that we just can’t get enough of.
Cucumber and Onion Salad is the classic with crisp cucumber slices, onions and a sweet and tangy dressing. Great for potlucks and cookouts.
Greek Salad with Roasted Garlic Salad Dressing is a favorite for all of our family get togethers. It’s my most requested salad these days.
This Chunky Vegetable Dip is my new go-to appetizer and it’s filled with crunchy cucumbers, tomatoes and radishes plus garlic and fresh herbs. A must-try for your next party!
How to Store Fresh Cucumbers:
Store washed and dried cucumbers in the front part of a middle shelf of your refrigerator. Do not store in the back or very bottom of the refrigerator, it will be too cold.
If you are looking for something new to add to your summer cookout menus, give this easy Thai Cucumber Salad a try. It’s a surefire hit for any summer meal.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
If you love this Recipe as much as I do, please leave a comment and a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Pinterest!
- 4 cups sliced cucumbers
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- Toss sliced cucumbers with salt, add to a colander and set aside 30 minutes.
- Mix the dressing by adding vinegar, sugar, toasted sesame oil, garlic, ginger and cilantro to a bowl and whisking until sugar has dissolved.
- Rinse cucumbers well and pat dry.
- Add to dressing and add fresh ground pepper.
- Stir until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Stir before serving.
- Garnish with chopped peanuts.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 703Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 164mgCarbohydrates: 125gFiber: 5gSugar: 109gProtein: 12g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.