As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Grilled Garlic Shrimp is a quick and delicious recipe to make on the grill. Jumbo shrimp are grilled with a garlic and herb butter for a flavorful dinner that is beyond simple!
Shrimp is a favorite for a quick and easy dinner and the flavor combinations are limitless. I have always loved the shrimp scampi from Red Lobster, so we made a similar version on the grill. It’s even more delicious than the restaurant version!
Serve your grilled shrimp up with Coleslaw, Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits and Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes for a simple and delicious family dinner. These Baked Tomatoes are also delicious with anything on the grill.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
How to Make Grilled Garlic Shrimp:
- Place frozen shrimp into a colander and place under cool running water to thaw.
- Peel and devein shrimp. Rinse and pat dry with paper towels.
- Prepare the grill to a 300° fire with pecan or hickory for smoke flavor.
- Make the garlic and herb butter by melting butter in a small saucepan. Add fresh garlic, rosemary, thyme and kosher salt. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cool 5 minutes.
- Toss garlic butter with shrimp.
- If you have large grill grates, I recommend using a grill pan.
- Place shrimp over indirect heat. Brush excess butter over shrimp.
- Cook until shrimp starts to curl and turn pink, about 7- 10 minutes.
- Remove from grill.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately.
- Recipe can be doubled as needed.
- Look for large or jumbo Gulf Caught Shrimp. They are always delicious and the perfect size for grilling.
How to Cook Garlic Butter Shrimp on the Stove:
- If you are not up for grilling, you can prepare this easy recipe on the stove, using a large non-stick pan.
- Melt butter over medium heat, add garlic and spices, cook for 3 minutes.
- Add in shrimp and cook, stirring often until shrimp curls and turns pink, about 7- 10 minutes.
How to Store and Reheat Leftovers:
There’s never any shrimp leftovers at our house and I generally double the recipe. However, if you have leftovers, just store in an airtight container for up to 2 days. Reheat by adding about a tablespoon of butter to a skillet and add shrimp, cook for 3- 5 minutes over medium heat until warmed.
Shrimp is really easy to cook and even easier if you are grilling. I love adding this garlic butter shrimp to the menu when we are grilling ribeye steaks. Add it to your next cookout for a surefire hit!
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
If you love this Recipe as much as I do, please leave a comment and a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Pinterest!
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound large shrimp, 31-35 count
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Prepare a grill fire to about 300° with pecan or hickory for smoke flavor.
- Thaw frozen shrimp in a colander under running cool water.
- Peel and devein shrimp.
- Rinse and pat dry with paper towels and set aside.
- Melt butter in a pan over low heat.
- Add garlic, rosemary, thyme and salt. Cook, stirring often about 5 minutes.
- Set aside and cool slightly.
- Toss shrimp with garlic butter and place on grill pan if you have large grates on your grill.
- Place shrimp over indirect heat. Brush with any remaining garlic butter.
- Cook for 7- 10 minutes or until shrimp is cooked through.
- Internal temperature should be 145° and shrimp will be pink and curled.
- Remove from grill and garnish with fresh parsley.
Recipe can be doubled as needed.
To cook on the stovetop: melt butter in a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Add garlic and herbs, cook 3 minutes. Add shrimp and cook until internal temperature reaches 145°.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 292Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 285mgSodium: 1741mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 26g
Nutritional Calculation is estimated and may not be accurate.