Surf and Turf is the ultimate dinner for entertaining guests or date night. Grilled ribeye steaks topped with garlic butter shrimp is a hearty and delicious meal that is sure to impress.
Surf and Turf
Surf and turf is the classic dinner of steak and seafood (usually shrimp or lobster) served together. A restaurant favorite that is so easy to create at home.
PIN IT TO PINTEREST NOW!
A romantic dinner has never been easier than this. Make any dinner a special occasion with these delicious seasoned ribeye steaks and garlic butter shrimp. It's an amazing flavor combination that is impossible to resist.
How to Make Surf and Turf:
- Set steaks on counter 30 minutes to 1 hour before cooking.
- Mix brown sugar, garlic, pepper, salt and smoked paprika together.
- Rub on all sides of steaks.
- Prepare grill to about 350° fire.
- Place steaks over direct fire and sear about 2 minutes, turn steaks and cook 2 minutes.
- Move steaks to indirect heat and cook for 5- 10 minutes (depending on thickness of steaks) until it cooked to your preference.
- Remove steaks and set aside to rest.
- While the steaks rest, prepare the shrimp.
- Add butter and garlic to a skillet and place over medium heat.
- When garlic starts to sizzle, add shrimp. When shrimp starts to curl, flip to cook both sides. Stir well to coat with garlic butter.
- Skewer shrimp and serve over steak.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- Rare 125°
- Medium 135°
- Medium- Well 145°
- Well Done 155°
Use a digital thermometer to get an accurate internal temperature every time.
Steak and shrimp is a great dinner to make for two or more. The prep is really simple and the recipe is easy to adjust to fit your crowd.
What to serve with surf and turf:
Twice Baked Potato Casserole is always a favorite with steak and shrimp. It's super cheesy and topped with crispy bacon.
Roasted Garlic Asparagus with Lemon Sauce is a delicious side that is perfect for entertaining and special occasion dinners.
Buttermilk Ricotta Skillet Rolls are super simple and will round out your meal. This is the dinner roll you will be making again and again.
If you are planning a romantic Valentine's day dinner, anniversary dinner or special occasion, this ribeye steak and garlic butter shrimp dinner is simple and incredibly delicious.
A gourmet meal that takes very little effort and can even be made for a special weeknight dinner.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
If you love this Recipe as much as I do, please leave a comment and a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Pinterest!
- 2 ribeye steaks
- 6 oz jumbo shrimp
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons granulated garlic
- ½ teaspoons coarse black pepper
- ¾ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Bring steaks to room temperature about 1 hour before grilling.
- Thaw shrimp, remove shells an devein.
- Combine brown sugar, garlic, pepper, salt and smoked paprika together.
- Rub on onto steaks, coating all sides.
- Prepare grill to about 350° fire.
- Sear steaks over direct fire about 2 minutes on each side.
- Move steaks to indirect heat. Continue to cook for 5- 10 minutes until internal temperature reaches 125° for rare, 135° for medium or 145° for medium-rare.
- Remove steaks from grill and allow to rest.
- Prepare the shrimp by adding butter and garlic to a skillet and over medium heat.
- Add shrimp as garlic starts to sizzle. Stir to cook both sides and coat with garlic butter.
- Serve shrimp with steak. Skewer shrimp on wooden picks if desired.
Recipe can be doubled as needed.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 555Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 291mgSodium: 2585mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 2gSugar: 11gProtein: 42g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.