As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Easy Barbecue Grilled Shrimp is one of the easiest shrimp recipes! Serve it as a main dish or as an appetizer. A great addition to your surf and turf meal or a great starter for your next cocktail party!
Easy Barbecue Grilled Shrimp
Shrimp is a real treat at our house and no matter if it’s Southern Fried Shrimp, a big pot of Gumbo or served up on Shrimp Tostadas, or quick and easy Shrimp Fried Rice, we are loving it! If you are celebrating a special occasion, our Surf and Turf dinner is a great idea.
A while back we picked up some Gulf Coast Shrimp and couldn’t wait to throw it on the grill. These were jumbo shrimp so we didn’t even bother with skewers. I have to tell you there’s nothing easier than grilling shrimp!
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
How to Grill Shrimp:
- Remove shells and devein shrimp. You can leave the tails if you like, I generally remove them.
- Toss shrimp with olive oil, salt and pepper
- Prepare your grill. You are going to want a low fire. Shrimp cook really fast, I’m talking in just a few minutes.
- If you are using jumbo shrimp, you can skip the skewers but if you have smaller shrimp, thread them onto pre-soaked bamboo skewers.
- Add your shrimp to the grill and start brushing with barbecue sauce.
- Flip shrimp over and brush with more barbecue sauce, coating them well. Repeat 1-2 more times.
- Shrimp should be cooked through in about 3-4 minutes.
How to tell if Shrimp is Cooked?
Shrimp will curl up and turn pink when cooked through. If you slice it the shrimp flesh will be opaque.
Shrimp cooks really quick and you do not want to over cook it.
I have to say this barbecue grilled shrimp is probably my favorite shrimp dish, ever. We served it as an appetizer but it’s totally perfect as a main dish. We also love these simple Steak and Shrimp Appetizers for entertaining.
A great addition to grilled steaks or chicken when you are entertaining guests. We also love to make shrimp tacos.
If you are hosting a game day party or if you are into tailgating, these are a must- try! You can make them ahead and they are delicious at room temperature.
To serve as an appetizer, I threaded them onto appetizer picks and they were the first to disappear!
What’s the Best Sauce for Grilling Shrimp?
I highly recommend using Dr Pepper Barbecue Sauce for this recipe. It adds the perfect flavor to these grilled shrimp. If you are a fan of spicy shrimp, we love this Jalapeno Barbecue Sauce. However, you can use your favorite barbecue sauce or whatever you have on hand.
Shrimp is great party food, it’s delicious served hot, at room temperature or cold. You can easily make it ahead and if you are reheating this grilled shrimp, just add a little extra barbecue sauce to a skillet and heat on low, just until shrimp are warm.
Delicious Dishes to Complete Your Meal:
More Shrimp Recipes to Try:
- Miso Honey Garlic Shrimp
- Barbecue Shrimp Over Rice
- Cajun Shrimp Stew
- Heirloom Tomato Soup with Shrimp and Avocado
- Sweet Chili Shrimp ~ Carlsbad Cravings
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you love this Recipe as much as I do, please leave a comment and a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Pinterest!
- 2 pounds jumbo shrimp
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
Peel and devein shrimp.
Toss shrimp with olive oil, salt and pepper.
Preheat grill with a low fire.
Place shrimp on grill and brush with barbecue sauce.
Turn and brush with barbecue sauce.
Repeat 1-2 times until shrimp is cooked through, about 3-4 minutes.
Serve immediately or at room temperature.