Grilled Honey Mustard Shrimp is a quick and easy dinner for any night of the week. A simple homemade honey mustard sauce gives the shrimp tons of flavor and is also great for dipping!
Grilled shrimp is one of the easiest dinners that you can make. Look for large wild caught Gulf shrimp, it is always delicious and the perfect size for grilling.
PIN IT TO PINTEREST NOW!
We made a quick and easy honey mustard sauce for this recipe and the flavor combination is phenomenal! I loved the sauce so much, that I will be making a double batch just to have on hand for dipping.
How to Make Grilled Honey Mustard Shrimp:
- Peel and devein shrimp. Rinse and pat dry with paper towels.
Mix up the honey mustard by combining the following in a small bowl:
- Prepared Yellow Mustard
- Chili Flakes
- Granulated Garlic
- Onion Flakes
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- Pour honey mustard over the shrimp and prepare a grill fire to about 300°.
- Pecan wood is a great choice for smoke flavoring.
- If you have large grill grates, you can use a grill pan to cook your shrimp and not worry about it falling through into the fire.
- Place shrimp over indirect heat. Pour any honey mustard from the bowl over the top of the shrimp and brush to coat.
- Cook for 7- 10 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145°. Shrimp will turn pink and be curled when it is cooked through. It cooks quickly, so you will want to keep an eye on it. Over cooked shrimp will be tough.
- If you do not like spicy foods, skip the red pepper flakes.
- Cook the honey mustard shrimp in a non-stick skillet over medium heat for 7 - 10 minutes, stirring constantly until cooked through.
- Make a double batch of the honey mustard and reserve half for dipping.
- Double this recipe as needed to feed a crowd.
Add these easy Grilled Honey Mustard Shrimp to your next cookout, they will totally steal the show!
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
If you love this Recipe as much as I do, please leave a comment and a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Pinterest!
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes - optional
- ¼ teaspoon onion flakes
- ¼ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound large shrimp, 31-35 count, peeled deveined
- Prepare honey mustard by mixing honey, prepared yellow mustard, chili flakes, onion flakes, granulated garlic, salt and pepper together in a bowl.
- Prepare grill fire to 300° using pecan smoking wood if available.
- Pour honey mustard over shrimp and toss to coat.
- Place shrimp over indirect fire, using a grill pan if you have large grates.
- Brush any remaining honey mustard over shrimp.
- Cook for 7 - 10 minutes or until shrimp is cooked through and internal temperature reaches 145°.
- Shrimp will turn pink and curl when it is fully cooked, be careful not to overcook shrimp.
- Remove from grill and serve immediately.
Shrimp can be cooked in a non- stick skillet over medium heat for 7- 10 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145°.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 222Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 239mgSodium: 1292mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 0gSugar: 22gProtein: 26g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.