Steak and Shrimp Appetizers are a tasty bite sized surf and turf for your parties, celebrations and holiday gatherings. Served up on party picks for easy serving.
Steak and Shrimp Appetizers
Steak and shrimp appetizers are easy to make and make a fabulous presentation for parties! Simple to serve and even easier to eat!
Just take me to the recipe! Scroll to the very bottom of the post for the full printable recipe card. Otherwise, read on for the step by step photos to making this easy appetizer.
How to Make Steak and Shrimp Appetizers:
Use your preferred method of cooking the steak. You can grill it or cook it in a cast iron skillet or grill pan on the stove top. Either way is fine, just don’t over cook it!
- Bring steaks to room temperature 30 minutes before cooking. We used ribeye steaks, strip steaks are another great option.
- Mix dry rub together: brown sugar, garlic, pepper, kosher salt and smoked paprika.
- Rub on all sides of steaks and prepare your grill. Or get your grill pan or cast iron skillet hot.
- Cook steaks for 3-4 minutes per side until they reach 130-135° for medium rare. Remove from heat and set aside 15 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile cook the shrimp. Add butter and minced garlic cloves to a skillet over medium heat.
- Add peeled and deveined shrimp. Cook for about 3- 5 minutes, stirring often until shrimp are pink and curled and no long have any gray spots. Shrimp should be 145° internal temperature.
- Remove to a bowl.
- Thinly slice steak across the grain.
- Roll steak slices and place on a appetizer pick and add a shrimp on the end.
- Repeat with remaining steak and shrimp.
- Serve these Steak and Shrimp bites with Horseradish Sauce or White Barbecue Sauce.
Surf and turf is always a crowd favorite and you can serve this appetizer for any holiday party or get together without breaking the bank.
How Much Steak and Shrimp for a Surf and Turf Appetizer:
We used 12 ounces of ribeye steak, any tender cut of steak will work. For the shrimp we used 12 ounces, 31-35 count. A medium to jumbo size shrimp will work best for these appetizers.
Hosting an party or holiday dinner can be stressful. With a bit of planning, a few simple appetizers and easy cocktail recipes, you can pull it all together and enjoy the party with your friends and family.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Find the bamboo appetizer picks on Amazon.
Try these Steak and Shrimp Appetizers for your upcoming holiday parties and celebrations! They are a surefire hit with the party crowd.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
If you love this Recipe as much as I do, please leave a comment and a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Pinterest!
For the Steak:
- 12 oz ribeye or strip steak
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
For the Shrimp:
- Set steaks out 30 minutes before cooking.
- Mix brown sugar, garlic, pepper, salt and smoked paprika together in a bowl and rub all over steaks.
- Prepare grill to about 350° fire or heat a cast iron skillet or grill pan.
- Cook steaks 4-5 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 130-135° for medium rare.
- Remove and set aside 15 minutes before slicing.
- While the steak rests, prepare the shrimp.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and melt butter. Add garlic stirring to combine.
- Add shrimp and cook 3- 5 minutes, stirring often and flipping to cook on both sides until shrimp is pink and curled. When shrimp is cooked through there will no longer be translucent and gray. Should reach 145° internal temperature.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Thinly slice steak into as many slices as you have shrimp. I had about 20 shrimp.
- Roll steak slices up tightly and place on a appetizer pick and top with a shrimp.
- Garnish with fresh thyme if desired.
- Serve with horseradish sauce or white barbecue sauce if desired.