As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Twice Baked Potato Casserole is a delicious side to serve for dinner any night of the week and a favorite to add to holiday menus. Everything you love about twice baked potatoes in an easy to bake casserole!
Twice Baked Potato Casserole
PIN IT TO PINTEREST NOW!
How to Make Twice Baked Potato Casserole:
- Scrub 6 baking potatoes. Dry and place on a baking sheet. Pierce each with a fork.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour at 400°.
- Slice potatoes in half and cool slightly.
- Scrape out insides of potatoes into a large mixing bowl.
- Add butter, sour cream, shredded cheese, cream and seasonings to the bowl.
- Beat at medium speed until well combined and potatoes are smooth.
- Spray a 9 x 9 or 13 x 9 casserole dish with non stick cooking spray.
- Fill with potato mixture, spreading evenly. Cover with foil and bake at 375° for 30 minutes.
- Next, remove foil and top with remaining cheese and cooked bacon crumbles. Bake uncovered for 30 more minutes.
- Remove from oven. Garnish with green onions if desired.
To Make Ahead:
To make this casserole ahead, prepare casserole to the point of adding it to the casserole dish but do not bake. Cover and refrigerate until ready to bake. Cook the bacon day you plan to serve the casserole. Add 10-15 minutes to baking time if casserole has been refrigerated.
This is one of those dishes that keeps well in the refrigerator. This does make a large batch, perfect for a holiday meal or special occasion. Store leftovers, covered in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
How to Reheat Twice Baked Potato Casserole:
Reheat the fully baked casserole by covering with foil. Bake at 350 for about 20- 30 minutes.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
If you love this Recipe as much as I do, please leave a comment and a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Pinterest!
- 6 baking potatoes
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 12 oz shredded cheddar cheese, divided use
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 green onions, sliced thin
- non stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Scrub potatoes, pierce with a fork and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour.
- Lower oven temperature to 375°.
- Cut potatoes in half and scrape insides into a mixing bowl.
- Top with melted butter, cream, sour cream, 1 cup shredded cheese and seasonings.
- Mix together with an electric mixer until well combined.
- Spray a 9 x 9 or 13 x 9 baking dish with non stick cooking spray.
- Pour potato mixture into pan. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with remaining cheese and bacon.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until casserole is heated through.
- Garnish with green onions if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 460Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 104mgSodium: 984mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 13g