As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Maple Glazed Ham is a simple and delicious recipe perfect for holiday dinners and special occasions. A flavorful combination of pure maple syrup, garlic, black pepper and herbs for the best ever holiday ham!
Maple Glazed Ham
If you are hosting a holiday meal for your family this year, add this Maple Glazed Ham to the menu! It’s so simple to make on the grill or in the oven and it’s sure to be the biggest hit at your holiday dinner.
Just take me to the recipe! Scroll on down to the bottom for the printable recipe card. Or read on for step by step photos and directions for cooking a spiral sliced ham.
Pure maple syrup and pork go together like biscuits and gravy, it’s just one of the best flavor combinations ever. Your family is going to love this sweet glazed ham with a kick of black pepper!
How to Make Maple Glaze:
- Add maple syrup to a saucepan.
- Whisk in granulated garlic, black pepper, smoked paprika, kosher salt and chopped rosemary.
- Place over medium high heat and bring to a boil. Cook for 3-5 minutes, whisking often. Remove from heat and cool slightly before glazing ham.
Glaze can be made up to 2 days in advance. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Is a Spiral Sliced Ham Fully Cooked?
A spiral sliced ham is going to be fully cooked when you purchase it, so you will just be reheating with the glaze to create a delicious holiday ham.
How to Cook a Maple Glazed Ham:
- Set your ham out on the counter to rest for 30 minutes to an hour before cooking.
- Unwrap and drain ham. Place on a clean baking sheet.
- Brush maple glaze all over ham and in between slices.
- Prepare grill to 250 – 300° fire.
- Place ham over indirect fire on the grill.
- Close the lid and cook about 10- 15 minutes per pound or until internal temperature reaches about 140°. Baste with maple glaze once more about half way through cooking if desired.
We used pecan wood for smoke flavor, hickory is another great option. The pecan smoke gave this ham a fantastic flavor. I highly recommend the pecan smoking wood if you can get your hands on some.
- Preheat oven to 325° and place ham in a baking dish.
- Brush Maple Glaze all over ham and in between the slices.
- Cover with foil and bake about 10-15 minutes per pound until internal temperature reaches about 140°. Baste with maple glaze once more about half way through cooking if desired.
A 7-10 pound spiral sliced ham should be heated through in about 1 1/2 – 2 hours.
How Much Ham to Buy for a Holiday Dinner:
With a bone-in, spiral cut ham you can figure about 3/4 pound per person. A 7-10 pound spiral sliced ham will feed about 8-10 people.
If you find yourself with leftover ham, I have a list of the Best Leftover Ham Recipes to try that go beyond an ordinary ham sandwich!
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
If you love this Recipe as much as I do, please leave a comment and a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Pinterest!
- 7 -10 pound spiral sliced ham
- 12 oz pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- Set ham on counter to come to room temperature 30 minutes to 1 hour before cooking.
- For the glaze, add maple syrup to a saucepan and whisk in garlic, pepper, smoked paprika, kosher salt and rosemary.
- Cook over medium- high heat and bring to a boil. Continue to cook for 3-5 minutes, whisking often.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Brush glaze all over ham and in between slices.
- Grilling Method: Prepare grill to a 250-300° fire.
- Place ham over indirect fire, close grill lid and cook for 10- 15 minutes per pound.
- Brush with additional glaze half way through cooking if desired.
- Oven Method: Preheat oven to 325°.
- Wrap pan with foil and bake 10- 15 minutes per pound, basting with additional glaze half way through if desired.
- Internal temperature of ham should reach about 140°.
Glaze can be made 2 days in advance. Keep in an airtight container in refrigerator until ready to use.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 729Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 290mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 1gSugar: 26gProtein: 101g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.