Roasted Garlic Asparagus with Lemon Sauce is a delectable side dish to serve with just about any meal and definitely delicious enough for holiday dinners!
This is a sponsored post in partnership with Holland House.
Meat and potatoes are all that are required to make a meal around my house, green vegetables are not usually requested. Except for asparagus. It has to be the most requested veggie and I love it when spring rolls around and it’s readily available at the market.
Easter is this weekend and this Garlic Roasted Asparagus would go great with your holiday ham. The lemon sauce is seriously delicious. It was so good, I was slurping it right off of the spoon. I can’t wait to try it over chicken, so be on the look out for that recipe coming soon!
You won’t believe how easy this sauce comes together. I slightly reduced some Holland House White Cooking Wine, added a bit of butter, sour cream and lemon zest. I made it in the same amount of time that I roasted the asparagus.
It all comes together in less than 15 minutes. How’s that for easy? I love keeping Holland House Cooking Wine on hand to give my dishes a little more depth of flavor. It’s great for dishes like this, where I don’t need a whole bottle of wine for the recipe. I can just stick the Holland House Cooking Wine in the fridge and it’s handy for the next recipe.
The asparagus is simply tossed with olive oil, salt and pepper along with some minced garlic. I topped it off with a sliced lemon and popped it in the oven.
Serve up the roasted asparagus on a platter and drizzle with the lemon sauce. You will want to serve up the remaining sauce on the side. Everyone will be craving a little more of that sauce!
If you need help planning your Easter dinner, my favorites are my Peach and Ginger Glazed Ham, Brown Butter Mashed Potatoes, The Best Macaroni Salad, and Buttermilk Ricotta Rolls. No skipping dessert! Aunt Bea’s Coconut Cream Pie and Apple Butter Bundt Cake with Peanut Butter Icing are my picks. How hungry are you now? Because I’m starving!
Holland House has a great coupon so you can pick up a bottle of cooking wine on your next shopping trip! Visit Holland House to download your Holland House Coupon now!
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 lemon sliced
- ¾ cup Holland House White Cooking Wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Trim tough ends from asparagus, rinse and pat dry. Spread asparagus out over a large baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle minced garlic over asparagus and toss all until the asparagus is well coated. Spread evenly over baking sheet. Top with lemon slices.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare sauce.
- Add white cooking wine to a saucepan and place over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Whisk in butter and sour cream. Add lemon zest and whisk until smooth.
- Remove asparagus from oven and squeeze a couple of the lemon slices over cooked asparagus. Place on a serving plate and drizzle with sauce or serve sauce along-side.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!