Peanut Butter Cup Brownies are fudgy and delicious, filled with miniature Reese's Peanut Butter Cups for a decadent treat.
I am a huge fan of peanut butter cups and everyone goes crazy for my No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake and Peanut Butter Cup Fudge. These brownies are guaranteed to please if find the chocolate and peanut butter combo as irresistible as I do!
Peanut Butter Cup Brownies ~ Doctored Brownie Mix
Everyone needs a short cut recipe every now and again and as much as I love my homemade Walnut Brownies, I always have brownie mixes on hand. I had a some miniature peanut butter cups on hand and thought they made the very best addition to fudgy brownies!
- Triple Chocolate Brownie Mix ~ I'm using Hershey's that I order from Sam's Club, they come 4 to a box and I'm using one mix for this recipe. Use your favorite.
- Eggs ~ Room temperature eggs are best for baking.
- Butter ~ I use softened salted butter, oil is what the box calls for. Either will work.
- Water ~ I also like to use leftover coffee in place of the water.
- Reese's Peanut Butter Cups ~ Any size will work, I sliced the miniatures in half.
How to Make Peanut Butter Cup Brownies:
- Add brownie mix to a mixer bowl with butter, water and eggs.
- Beat about 2 minutes, scraping down the sides about half way through until well combined.
- Line a baking dish 8 x 8 or 8 x 11 inches with parchment paper or spray with non stick cooking spray.
- Pour brownie batter into dish and spread brownie batter evenly.
- Unwrap peanut butter cups and slice in half.
- Press peanut butter cups down into the brownie batter, leaving the tops showing.
- Bake brownies for 40 minutes, turning the pan half way through baking.
- Remove from oven to a wire rack to cool for about 30 minutes.
- Gently remove the parchment paper and place onto a wire rack to cool completely before slicing.
How to Store Brownies:
Store cooled brownies in an air tight container for up to 4 days. Brownies will stay fresher if they are uncut.
Freeze brownies in a vacuum sealed bag or 2 layers of plastic wrap and a layer of foil for up to 3 months. Be sure to label with contents and the date.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
BEST TOOLS FOR MAKING BROWNIES:
- Stand Mixer or Hand Mixer ~ I have both and use them equally. The hand mixer works great for brownies.
- Egg Tray ~ I love this cute egg tray, so handy for letting my eggs come to room temperature for baking.
- Analon Square Baking Pan or a Casserole Dish are my favorites for brownies.
- Brownie Spatula ~ One of the handiest spatulas, perfect for desserts.
More Delicious Brownie Desserts to Try:
Brownie Pudding Pie is one of my most requested recipes. It's a layer of fudgy brownies topped with chocolate pudding and whipped cream. It's incredibly rich and delicious for serious chocolate cravings.
Chocolate Glazed Brownies are reminiscent of the lunch room brownies we all loved as kids. A super simple recipe with the best chocolate glaze. Dress them up with festive sprinkles for the holidays!
Dr Pepper Brownies are so easy to make from scratch. A quick and easy recipe using pantry ingredients for a special treat.
These Peanut Butter Cup Brownies are quick and easy to make, just perfect for every occasion. Delicious enough for holidays and celebrations and simple to make any day of the week.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON PINTEREST!
- 20 ounce Triple Chocolate Brownie Mix
- ½ cup salted butter, softened
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- ¼ cup water
- 18 Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Miniatures
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Add brownie mix with butter, eggs and water to a mixer bowl. Beat with an electric mixer about 2 minutes at medium speed. Stop half way through to scrape down the sides if needed.
- Line a 8 x 8 or 11 x 13 baking dish with parchment paper or spray with non stick baking spray.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth evenly.
- Unwrap peanut butter cups and chop in half.
- Press down into brownie batter, leaving the top showing.
- Bake for 40 minutes, turning half way through baking time.
- Remove from oven to a wire rack to cool about 30 minutes.
- Remove parchment from baking dish and continue to cool on a wire rack. Cool completely before slicing.
Store cooled brownies in an air tight container at room temperature up to 4 days. Uncut brownies will stay fresher.
To freeze brownies: Wrap in 2 layers of plastic wrap and a layer of foil or vacuum seal. Freeze up to 3 months. Label with contents and date.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 363Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 87mgSodium: 244mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 5g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.