As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Easy Chicken Marinade for grilling or baking. A simple combination of coffee, brown sugar seasonings and spices adds so much flavor to chicken along with ensuring that your chicken is tender, juicy and delicious.
Easy Chicken Marinade
If you are looking for a flavorful and easy chicken dinner, this easy chicken marinade is just the ticket. We love this marinade for ribs, pork chops, seafood and definitely chicken. The flavor combination is incredibly delicious.
Just take me to the RECIPE!
If you are just looking for the recipe, just scroll on to the very bottom of the post where you will find a complete, printable recipe card. Otherwise, read on for my tips and tricks for marinating chicken.
PIN IT TO PINTEREST NOW!
How to Make an Easy Chicken Marinade:
- Start with brewed coffee (works great with your leftover morning coffee) and brown sugar in a small saucepan. Add in Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasonings, smoked paprika, granulated garlic and kosher salt.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then lower to a simmer for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool. Speed up the cooling process by placing marinade in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
- Place chicken in a shallow dish or bowl and pour marinade over the top. Stir to coat chicken well. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 12 hours.
How To Grill Marinated Chicken:
- Prepare grill to about a 300° fire.
- Place marinated chicken over the fire and cook 2 minutes, flip over to sear the other side about 2 minutes. Move chicken to indirect heat and grill until internal temperature reaches 165°.
How Long to Grill Chicken:
- Chicken Tenders ~ about 12 – 15 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 165°.
- Boneless Chicken Breasts ~ about 20-25 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 165°.
- Bone- in Chicken about 30-40 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 165°.
How to Bake Marinated Chicken:
Preheat oven to 375°. Place chicken on a greased or lined baking dish in an even layer, not touching.
- Boneless Chicken Breasts: Bake for about 25- 30 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 165°.
- Boneless Thighs or Chicken Tenders: Bake for about 17-20 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 165°.
- Bone-in Chicken: Bake for about 40-45 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 165°.
We grilled marinated chicken tenders and also grilled up a fresh pineapple that we cut into wedges. We just placed the pineapple over the indirect heat. We turned the pineapple once and cooked it about a total of 5 minutes. Just long enough for it to start to caramelize.
Grilled pineapple goes great with this marinated chicken. You can also use canned pineapple if that’s what you have on hand.
Easy Side Dishes to Serve with Marinated Chicken:
- Creamy Cucumber Salad is a great addition to any meal on the grill and a great no cook side dish. Crunchy cucumbers, red onion and a delicious dill dressing.
- Potato Gratin is one of my favorite potato dishes. Cheesy, creamy and oh so delicious. It’s great for any meal of the week and also great for holiday dinners.
- Bacon White Cheddar Pasta is ultra creamy and delicious pasta with fresh herbs and crispy bacon. A great addition to any dinner.
More Chicken Recipes to Try:
- Fried Chicken Strips are the drive thru classic but so much better when made at home!
- Blackened Chicken Tacos are perfect for taco night. Full of flavor but not too spicy. The entire family will love this Tex-Mex feast!
- Mustard BBQ Chicken is a must try for mustard lovers. Grilled to perfection and slathered in our homemade Mustard BBQ Sauce, it’s a keeper!
- If you are cooking a whole chicken, our How to Brine and Smoke a Whole Chicken is a must-read. Helpful tips and tricks to the best whole chicken you have ever tried!
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
If you love this Recipe as much as I do, please leave a comment and a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Pinterest!
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 805 Total Fat: 38g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 27g Cholesterol: 104mg Sodium: 315mg Carbohydrates: 49g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 28g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 44g