Supreme Breakfast Pizza is a filling and delicious casserole. A biscuit crust topped with eggs and supreme pizza toppings for a hearty breakfast, brunch or dinner.
If you are looking for a hearty brunch casserole, add this one to your list. It is loaded with your favorite pizza flavors and is sure to be a big hit with the entire family.
PIN IT TO PINTEREST NOW!
How to Make Supreme Breakfast Pizza:
- First, you make a biscuit crust, this is a scaled down version of my favorite buttermilk biscuits recipe.
- In a bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Cut in butter and shortening until crumbly and then mix in buttermilk until dough comes together.
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking ditch with non stick cooking spray.
- Pour dough into pan and sprinkle with a little flour. Press dough into pan and just slightly up the sides.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat eggs with milk, cream, cheese, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Next, you will pour the egg mixture over baked crust and return to oven.
- While the egg layer bakes, cook the sausage in a large skillet until well browned and crumbly. Add peppers, onions and mushrooms and cook until vegetables are softened.
- Next, mix jarred pasta sauce or tomato sauce with sugar, oregano, basil and thyme.
- Spread over baked egg mixture. Top with cooked sausage and vegetables.
- Then, sprinkle cheese over the top and bake until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest 5 minutes before serving.
Storing and Reheating Breakfast Pizza:
Store leftover casserole wrapped in plastic wrap up to 3 days. To reheat, cut into slices and place on a baking sheet. Cover with foil and cook at 350° for 10- 12 minutes or until heated through.
This is not an ordinary casserole and you might be a little skeptical of the egg and pizza combo, but I promise with just one bite that you will be a fan. It’s a great recipe to change up the dinner routine or to feed the whole family for a weekend brunch.
We love pizza in just about every variety and coming up with a new way to eat pizza for breakfast was a definite hit with our family.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
If you love this Recipe as much as I do, please leave a comment and a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Pinterest!
for the crust
- 2 cups all purpose flour, + 2 teaspoons for spreading dough
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup buttemilk
- non stick cooking spray
for the egg filling:
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
for the sauce:
- 1/2 cup jarred pasta sauce or tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
for pizza toppings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 cup thin sliced red onion
- 1 cup thin sliced bell peppers
- 2 oz thin sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded colby jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Mix biscuit crust together in a large bowl, combining flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add butter and shortening and cut into flour with a fork until mixture is crumbly.
- Stir in buttermilk until dough comes together.
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with non stick cooking spray.
- Pour dough into pan and sprinkle with a little flour and spread the dough evenly over bottom and just slightly up the sides of the pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Crust may puff up a bit, that is okay.
- While the crust bakes, whisk eggs, milk, cream, 3/4 cup of mozzarella cheese, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes in a large bowl and set aside.
- Prepare the sauce by combining pasta sauce with sugar, oregano, basil and thyme in a small bowl, set aside.
- Cook sausage over medium heat in olive oil, stirring often to break up and brown on all sides. Add onions, peppers and mushrooms and continue to cook until vegetables are softened.
- Remove biscuit crust from oven and top with egg mixture. Return to oven for 35 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Remove from oven and spread pizza sauce over egg layer. Top with cooked sausage and vegetable mixture. Top with mozzarella and colby jack cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Allow casserole to rest 5 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 759Total Fat: 53gSaturated Fat: 24gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 28gCholesterol: 288mgSodium: 1575mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 31g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.