As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Bacon and Cheddar Quiche is so simple to make for any meal of the day. Delicious enough for a holiday brunch. Made with a puff pastry crust filled with caramelized onions, cheddar cheese and loads of bacon.
Bacon and Cheddar Quiche
Quiche is one of my go- to recipes for a quick and easy meal. We most often have quiche for dinner because after just a bit of prep, I can pop it in the oven and get a few other things done while it cooks.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Just take me to the recipe!
If you are just looking for the recipe keep scrolling to the very bottom. You will find a printable recipe card with ingredients and full instructions. Otherwise read on for a cookbook review and step by step photos for the recipe.
This recipe comes from the Two Peas & Their Pod Cookbook by Maria Lichty. This is a must- have addition to your cookbook collection. It’s filled with tasty, family friendly recipes that are made with real ingredients. All of the recipes are approachable and delicious.
How to Make Bacon and Cheddar Quiche:
Cook bacon in a large skillet until crispy. Remove to a paper towel lined plate. Crumble bacon and set aside. You can also cook bacon in the oven.
Reserve 2 tablespoons of the bacon grease in the skillet, saving the rest for another use. Add butter and sliced onions and salt. Cook over medium heat until caramelized.
Place puff pastry in a pie dish and trim edges. Use trimmed pieces to fill in the edges if you need to. Just press the edges together. (I love Wewalka refrigerated puff pastry! No waiting on it to thaw!)
In a large bowl, beat eggs and add heavy cream, cheeses, dijon mustard, onions and salt.
Pour into puff pastry lined pie dish and bake for 30 to 40 minutes. Allow to rest 10 minutes before slicing.
This was the first time that I’ve used puff pastry for the crust of a quiche. It was so good, that I may never go back to regular pie crust! Puff pastry is just so flaky and delicious with the egg and cheese filling.
Two Peas and Their Pod Cookbook Review:
Two Peas and Their Pod was one of the first food blogs that I came to love. You can count on Josh and Maria to have spot on flavor combinations and recipes that your entire family will love.
This cookbook is comprehensive with meat, fish and vegetarian main dishes, amazing side dishes, soups, salads and appetizers. Of course you’ll get recipes for Maria’s famous cookies, other easy desserts, breakfast ideas plus some easy entertaining recipes.
It’s sure to be a cookbook that you reach for time and time again. I’ve booked marked a few recipes to try like the grilled steak tacos with chimichurri and the ginger-garlic shrimp stir fry. The brown butter- salted caramel snickerdoodles are also on my must-try immediately list.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Pick up a copy or two from major book retailers or from Amazon. I love giving cookbooks for the holidays!
More Quiche Recipes to Try:
- Ham, Spinach and Mushroom Quiche is one of my most popular recipes. So simple and delicious and easy to make ahead for a weekend brunch or weeknight dinner.
- Sausage Spinach Quiche is loaded with flavor. You can serve it hot out of the oven or at room temperature. Quiche also makes a great party appetizer!
- Asparagus Quiche is loaded with fresh asparagus, Gruyere cheese and bacon. A must- try for asparagus lovers.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
If you love this Recipe as much as I do, please leave a comment and a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Pinterest!
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 small onions, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 sheet puff pastry (thawed if frozen)
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat, turning to brown both sides until crispy. Remove to a paper towel lined plate to drain. Chop or crumble bacon and set aside.
- 2. Remove all but 2 tablespoons of bacon grease from the pan and place over medium-low heat. Add the butter and onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are caramelized, 25 to 30 minutes. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and set aside.
- 3. Preheat the oven to 350°.
- 4. Carefully line a 9- inch pie plate with puff pastry. Carefully trim any overhang and fill any gaps with the trimmings. Just press the seams together. Crimp the edges with your fingers.
- 5. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, Parmesan, 1 cup of the cheddar, dijon, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Stir in the caramelized onions and bacon.
- 6. Pour into puff pastry and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup of cheddar.
- 7. Bake for 30-40 minutes, until the puff pastry is golden and the quiche is set. Check the quiche after 20 minutes, if the crust is browning too quickly, loosely cover it with foil.
- 8. Let the quiche rest for 10 minutes, then slice into wedges and serve with the sliced green onions on top.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 246Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 144mgSodium: 623mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 9g