Sausage Spinach Quiche is a delicious dish for anytime of day. A flavorful and filling meal with eggs, smoked cheese, sausage and spinach all baked up in a flaky pie crust.
SIGN UP TO HAVE AN EMAIL DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX FOR EACH NEW RECIPE!
I went on a cooking spree the other afternoon. I should’ve been doing paperwork but cooking is much more fun than paperwork. I’m a total procrastinator, especially when it comes to paperwork. I suppose there is a certain satisfaction to having my paperwork caught up but good food definitely wins every time.
For this quiche, I cooked up some sausage, onions, garlic and baby spinach. Quiche is easy to sub in your favorite ingredients and a great way to use up those bits of veggies or leftovers that you have in the fridge. If you are in the market for a new non-stick skillet, this one is pretty awesome!
My Ham, Spinach and Mushroom Quiche is always in the top 10 favorite recipes and always a hit at our house.
I also take a shortcut with refrigerated pie crust and this quiche comes together really easily. The crust is baked for a few minutes while you prepare the other ingredients. This ensures the crust is flaky and not soggy.
Eggs and Milk are mixed together for the base of the quiche.
Add in the sautéed onions, garlic, spinach, cooked sausage and grated cheese and mix until well combined. I used smoked gouda but just use what you have on hand. I have a thing for smoked cheese, I can’t ever get enough of it.
Pour it all into the pie crust and it bakes for about an hour. I know that is a long time to wait but let me tell you, it is totally worth the wait. Quiche is the perfect make ahead dish. You can eat it straight out of the oven, at room temperature and it also reheats really well after refrigerating.
It comes out of the oven smelling like heaven and looks so gorgeous, making it perfect for entertaining or for a weekend brunch. I just love how all of the flavors come together.
I make quiche for dinner more often than for brunch or breakfast. We enjoy breakfast for dinner at least once a week. It is ideal for those busy days when I forget to make a dinner plan.
See, quiche is really as easy as pie, nothing to be intimidated about. Grab a gorgeous pie plate, gather up some eggs, cheese and your favorite veggies and meat is totally optional (well not really at my house) and a refrigerated pie crust and make a quiche! You will be glad you did!
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
More Quiche Recipes to Love:
Southwestern Mini Quiches from Reluctant Entertainer
Sautéed Onion Gruyere Spinach Quiche from She Wears Many Hats
BLT Quiche from The Baker Mama
WATCH THE VIDEO: HOW TO MAKE SAUSAGE SPINACH QUICHE:
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup diced onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 cups chopped baby spinach
- 3 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups milk
- 1½ cups shredded smoked gouda cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Unroll pie crust and press into a pie plate. Prick the bottom and sides of the pie crust with a fork.
- Bake the pie crust for 10 minutes. Lower oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- Cook sausage over medium-high heat, until cooked through and crumbled. Set aside.
- Add olive oil to a medium skillet and add onions and garlic, cook 2 minutes. Add spinach and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add eggs to a large bowl, add milk and salt and whisk until well combined. Add shredded cheese, sausage and spinach mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Pour into pie shell and bake for 50-55 minutes or until center is set.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest 10 minutes before slicing.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links and if you make a purchase through these links, I will earn a small amount at no extra cost to you. I received the Fiesta Pie Plate to use in my photography, be sure to check out all of their gorgeous wares at Fiesta Factory Direct. I’m smitten with every single piece!