As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Stuffed Waffles are one of the easiest breakfast ideas ever! A savory waffle stuffed with sausage and cheese. You won’t believe how quick and easy these are to make!
Breakfast doesn’t have to be complicated to be delicious and this easy sausage and cheese stuffed waffle recipe is just the ticket for busy weekday mornings or perfect for a holiday brunch!
Just take me to the waffle recipe! You can scroll all the way to the bottom for the printable recipe card or just read on for step by step photos of the recipe.
Belgian Waffles are a weekend staple at our house and they are delicious. These stuffed waffles are even easier with just 3 ingredients! You don’t even need a mixing bowl.
How to Make Stuffed Waffles:
- Cook sausage over medium heat in a skillet. Break sausage apart into crumbles as it browns. Remove to a paper towel lined plate. You can do this step ahead and refrigerate sausage to save time in the morning.
- Shred colby jack cheese. This can also be done ahead.
- Unroll crescent dough and separate into 4 rectangles. You can lightly flour your surface to keep the dough from sticking.
- Gently press the perforated seams together.
- Sprinkle sausage over each rectangle and top with cheese.
- Unroll remaining crescent dough, following the same method of creating 4 rectangles.
- Place over sausage and cheese and press bottom and top crescent dough together, sealing all edges.
- Place 2 rectangles in waffle iron and close.
- Cook 4-6 minutes or until well browned.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Repeat with remaining filled crescent dough.
- Serve immediately or at room temperature.
Stuffed Waffle Variations:
If you do not have a waffle iron, you can bake the rectangles on a lined or greased baking sheet at 375° for 12- 15 minutes.
You could also use bacon, scrambled eggs, sautéd onions and peppers. The possibilities are endless. I’ve made Apple Butter and Bacon Stuffed Waffles and they were incredible. Sweet or savory, you are going to love this method of making waffles.
You might be a bit skeptical if you haven’t tried this before, but I promise it works! You can also use refrigerated can biscuits if you don’t have crescent dough, just flatten the biscuits a bit before stuffing them.
This recipe makes 2 Belgian stuffed waffles. They are really hearty and filling, so I would say that 2 waffles will make four servings. If you are feeding a crowd, just double as needed.
A batch of Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole would be perfect to serve alongside of these stuffed waffles.
Tips for Making Waffles:
Cool waffles on a wire rack so that they don’t sweat.
If you need to keep waffles warm, place wire rack on a sheet pan and place in a 200° oven.
You can freeze stuffed waffles. Place cooled waffles in a zip top freezer bag in a single layer and freeze up to 3 months.
Thaw in the refrigerator or reheated from frozen in a preheated 300° oven or toaster oven for about 15 minutes or until heated through.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
This is a great waffle iron if you are in the market for one. The model that I have has been discontinued, but I love the bakers that make 2 waffles at once. So quick and easy!
More Breakfast Ideas to Try:
Cheesy Sausage Pull Apart Breakfast is a great idea for brunch or holiday mornings with the family.
Freezer Breakfast Croissant Sandwiches are the perfect make ahead breakfast for any day of the week.
Sausage Spinach Quiche is one of my favorites for an easy weekend brunch and even for dinner sometimes!
Bacon Egg and Cheese Egg Rolls are so irresistible. Crispy fried egg rolls filled with scrambled eggs, cheese and bacon for a delicious and filling breakfast.
Try these Stuffed Waffles for an easy breakfast! They will be on the menu for all of our holiday brunch gatherings this year.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
If you love this Recipe as much as I do, please leave a comment and a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Pinterest!
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 819 Total Fat: 48g Saturated Fat: 18g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 27g Cholesterol: 128mg Sodium: 1717mg Carbohydrates: 59g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 4g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 38g