These Apple Butter and Bacon Stuffed Waffles are going to become your new favorite breakfast! With just 3 simple ingredients, you will have a tasty breakfast that is perfect for weekends or busy mornings on the go!
I love a big Sunday morning breakfast with the family. Sometimes that works and sometimes everyone is up and gone before I’ve had a second cup of coffee. On those mornings I like to have something ready to eat when they come back through. These Apple Butter and Bacon Stuffed Waffles were just the ticket.
This is a sponsored post in partnership with Musselman’s Apple Butter.
I used refrigerated crescent dough, cooked bacon and Musselman’s Apple Butter, which I always have in the fridge, to make these stuffed waffles. It was so unbelievably easy and tasted out of this world! My kids seriously went crazy for these and my husband said that I really needed to take pictures of them to share. They were that good!
The Apple Butter and bacon are a great combination of savory and sweet. These waffles are the perfect hand-held breakfast and would be ideal for busy mornings on the go. Of course you can also enjoy them like traditional waffles with maple syrup. My little guy loved them with syrup, but he’s kind of like Buddy the Elf and would eat syrup on everything if I would let him.
If you aren’t into bacon, you could just use the Musselman’s Apple Butter for the filling and I suppose that we could still be friends. If you love bacon as much as I do, then these Apple Butter and Bacon Stuffed Waffles are going to knock your socks off. They are a new family favorite at our house and I know we will be enjoying them all year long!
Since I have 3 hungry boys I used 2 cans of crescent dough, if you aren’t feeding an army of boys, feel free to cut the recipe in half or make the whole batch and enjoy them all week long. Just put the leftovers in a zip top bag in the fridge and pop them in the toaster to reheat.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 2 8 oz cans refrigerated crescent dough
- 1/2 cup Musselman's Apple Butter
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Maple syrup for serving *optional
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Unroll crescent dough onto a clean surface and press 2 of the triangles together to form a rectangle. Spoon 1 tablespoon of Musselman's Apple Butter onto each rectangle and spread across, leaving space around the edges. Sprinkle bacon crumbles over Apple Butter. Fold dough in half over filling and seal edges with a fork. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Place two of the pastry pockets onto waffle iron, one on each side. Press the waffle iron closed and cook for about 2 - 3 minutes or until waffles are browned and cooked through. Remove to a wire rack until ready to serve.
- Serve with maple syrup if desired.