Cheesy Sausage Pull Apart Breakfast Bake is a delicious, family-friendly breakfast bake perfect for casual weekends or special holidays. I know I say it all the time, but how in the world is it already November? Wasn’t it just summer? Thanksgiving is just around the corner and I haven’t even started to think about the big C- Christmas!
We usually have our holiday meals around lunch time or shortly after. It’s not a huge gathering but usually a quiet day with wonderful food.
I like to have something for everyone to nibble on in the morning or else we would starve from smelling that delectable feast cooking away in the kitchen. I have the perfect cheesy breakfast treat for my family this year.
I created this breakfast bake with breakfast sausage, refrigerated biscuits, Sargento Shredded Cheese 4 Cheese Mexican Blend for it’s smooth flavor that goes so well with the breakfast sausage and melts perfectly.
I gave it an extra boost of flavor with a bit of homemade garlic butter and topped it all off with some fresh thyme. Now I’ve got your belly growling, don’t I?
This is so perfect for the holidays because you can just pull off a bite or two for nibbling without ruining your dinner. I like to get started on cooking the holiday meal and this breakfast bake comes together quickly and easily.
It’s also a great way to get the kids to help. Stuffing the biscuits with sausage and rolling them into balls is pretty fun.
You can get creative this holiday season and create your own delicious recipe with Sargento Shredded Cheese. Then go to Sargento on Facebook and enter the Sargento Recipe Challenge! You could win a year’s supply of Sargento Cheese + $2,000! Seriously, you must enter. Entering recipe contests is so much fun!
Pop that baby in the oven (I used a cast iron skillet but a baking pan would work just fine).
Now you are going to have the best cheesy breakfast! Can’t you see everyone nibbling on this Christmas morning? I totally can. My family totally loved this and it is definitely going on the holiday menu!
This has been one of the most popular recipes! If you haven’t tried it yet, add it to your list!
- 1 pound breakfast sausage, cooked and drained
- 2 16 oz cans refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (the large ones)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 cups Sargento
- 4 Cheese Mexican Shredded Blend
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a large skillet or baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Cut biscuits into quarters, flatten each piece slightly, filling with a small amount of cooked sausage. Pinch edges to seal and roll into a ball. Place in skillet, touching. Repeat with remaining dough and sausage.
- Meanwhile, add butter to a small skillet and slice garlic cloves and add to melted butter. Cook over medium heat for about 3 to 5 minutes or just until butter starts to brown. Remove from heat and brush over all of the sausage and dough balls.
- Sprinkle Sargento Mexican 4 Cheese Shredded cheese over sausage balls. Bake for 28 to 30 minutes or until edges are golden brown and cheese is melted. Garnish with fresh thyme if desired. Serve immediately.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
SIGN UP TO HAVE AN EMAIL DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX FOR EACH NEW RECIPE!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. I will receive a small dollar amount if you purchase through these links at no extra cost to you. These are products that I use in my own kitchen and love.