Blackberry Milkshakes are a quick and easy treat to make with fresh or frozen blackberries. If you love grandma's blackberry cobbler, this milkshake is just the ticket!
Blackberry Milkshakes ~ Homemade Milkshake Recipe
If you are needing a quick and easy dessert, homemade milkshakes are the answer. Ready in about 5 minutes and easy to customize to everyone's liking.
- Vanilla Ice Cream ~ We love Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream, use your favorite.
- Blackberries ~ Fresh or frozen will work for this easy dessert.
- Milk ~ Whole Milk works best.
- Vanilla Extract ~ Adds a boost of vanilla flavor.
- Garnishes ~ Sweetened Whipped Cream, Blackberries, Fresh Mint.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
How to Make Blackberry Milkshakes:
- Set the ice cream out of the freezer for about 5 minutes to soften slightly.
- Add the vanilla ice cream, milk, blackberries and vanilla extract to a Blender.
- Pulse until mixture starts to combine.
- Blend on low speed for about 1 minute or until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with whipped cream, more blackberries and fresh mint if desired.
This milkshake recipe was originally shared as part of a Virtual Baby Shower for Amber of Bluebonnet Baker, back in the day when recipe blogs were for more than just the recipe. It would be a challenge to find anyone more generous and kind than Amber.
The recipe and photos needed an update but I wanted to keep this recipe as a tribute to her and her sweet kiddo, even though folks are mainly just here for the recipe these days.
More Frozen Dessert Recipes to Try:
- Peanut Butter Caramel Milkshake
- Blackberries and Cream Ice Cream
- Frozen Strawberry Cheesecake
- No Churn Cherry Crisp Ice Cream
Homemade milkshakes are quite a treat and they are so simple to make at home. Skip the drive thru and enjoy these delicious Blackberry Milkshakes any time of the year.
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON FACEBOOK & PINTEREST!
- 2 cups Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup sweetened whipped cream
- fresh mint for garnish, optional
- Add vanilla ice cream, milk, blackberries and vanilla to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with whipped cream, blackberries and mint.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 457Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 82mgSodium: 163mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 9gSugar: 43gProtein: 11g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.