Andouille Rice Skillet is a flavorful and filling meal to make any night of the week! A quick and easy dinner that the whole family will enjoy with delicious Cajun flavors.
If you are looking for an easy dinner to change up your meal routine, this easy Cajun rice skillet is just the ticket. You can even make it with leftover rice. It's flavorful and delicious and comes together in just about 30 minutes.
Pin it to Pinterest Now!
One of our favorite weekend projects is to buy a couple of pork shoulders and make homemade sausage.
We have made Andouille sausage, breakfast sausage and maple sausage. It's great to have on hand for easy meals. We made a big batch of andouille last weekend and also smoked pork shoulder for sandwiches.
How to Make Andouille Rice Skillet:
- Chop a large onion and sweet peppers and add to a skillet with bacon grease or olive oil. Cook over medium heat, for about 5 minutes. Stir in sliced andouille sausage. Cook for 5 more minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the rice.
- Into the skillet, add cooked rice, a can of tomato sauce, blackened seasonings, chicken broth and salt.
- Stir well and continue to cook over medium heat until heated through, about 10 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
How to Store and Reheat:
Store cooled leftovers in an airtight container for up to 2 days. Reheat in a skillet with a few tablespoons of broth or water. Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
Side dishes to Serve with Andouille Sausage Skillet:
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
If you love this Recipe as much as I do, please leave a comment and a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Pinterest!
- Add bacon grease or olive oil to a deep skillet and stir in onions and peppers, cook about 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Stir in sliced andouille sausage and continue to cook about 5 minutes. Stir often.
- Stir in cooked rice, tomato sauce, blackened seasoning, salt and chicken broth.
- Cook, stirring frequently about 10 minutes, until heated through.
- Garnish with parsley.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 439Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 5592mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 13g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.