Rum and Coke Floats are a quick and easy dessert cocktail to make for any occasion. The classic Coke ice cream float gets a boozy kick with rum for a refreshing and delicious treat.
Rum and Coke Floats ~ Boozy Ice Cream Float Dessert Cocktail
Rum and Coke Floats come together in less than five minutes and are always a crowd favorite. A great ending to a special occasion dinner and easy enough to be your weekend cocktail on a hot summer day.
- Rum ~ We used Bacardi light rum, spiced rum or black spiced rum would also be great.
- Vanilla Ice Cream ~ Use your favorite brand.
- Whipped Cream ~ For garnish, Cool Whip works too.
- Maraschino Cherries ~ Optional garnish.
How to Make Rum and Coke Floats:
- Use a cocktail jigger to measure the rum and pour into a glass.
- Fill the glass about 3/4 full with Coke. Stir to mix together.
- Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Garnish with whipped cream and a cherry on top.
- Serve immediately.
- Add a tablespoon of the maraschino cherry juice for cherry Coke floats.
- Use chocolate ice cream for a delicious twist.
- Add a squeeze of lime juice and garnish with lime for a Cube Libre Float.
- Skip the rum for the kids.
More Dessert Cocktails to Try:
- Salted Caramel Mudslide
- Baileys Chocolate Milkshake
- Frosted Pineapple Vodka Lemonade
- Strawberry Vodka Cocktail
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Best Tools for Dessert Cocktails:
- Ice Cream Scoop
- Cocktail Shaker
- Cocktail Jigger
- Microplane Twist & Zest
- Ice Crusher
- Collins Glasses
Make these easy Rum and Coke Floats for your next get together with friends or for an easy anytime you need a boozy frozen treat.
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON FACEBOOK & PINTEREST!
- 4 ounces light rum
- 12 ounces Coca-Cola
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup whipped cream or Cool Whip
- 2 maraschino cherries
- Pour 2 ounces of rum into each glass.
- Fill with Coca-Cola and top each with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Add whipped cream and a cherry for garnish.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 383Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 61mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 1gSugar: 36gProtein: 3g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.